September Event - Uwharrie (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Del, if you need any help with anything let me know. i am heading up friday but won't leave till about 5pm.

OK Easy/Moderate Group: Michael A, Ryan, Ryan, Jason, Robert, David, Adam, John, Brian and Al. Brian and Al leading and Tail gunning. Trails: Wolf Den, Falls Dam, Dickey Bell if time allows

Group Moderate/Difficult Group: Clint, Eric, Jay, Michael S., Del, Jon, Sean, Ramon, Allen, Joe I'll let you decide... Daniel

Lunch at 1pm at Dutch John Trailhead parking

Afternoon trails: Rocky Mt. Loop... Whatever else

Sunday trip: Discuss Saturday night

I will bring what I can for the potluck. Considering I have been a bachelor in NC for a month now, and will be flying in from Indiana on Friday night, it will be something easy and store-bought. If you have a theme for the evening, let me know. Otherwise it may be anchovies and pickled herring.:flipoff2:

I tried to search both the forum and OSNC website to no avail. What is required for the safety inspection. I imagine the usual, radio, fire extinguisher, first aid kit? What else?

I tried to search both the forum and OSNC website to no avail. What is required for the safety inspection. I imagine the usual, radio, fire extinguisher, first aid kit? What else?

About that, i ahve no CB radio.. that gonna cause any problems? I may end up jumping in someones truck anyway... The bronco's Driveshaft is sketchy lol
:cheers:
Ryan

Hi Robert et al,

There is a link to the safety checklist toward the bottom of the oldenorthstatecruisers.com front page. Here is a link. We really need to boiler plate this at the front of the ride post and on the sign-up form/info page...

http://www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com/files/ONSCSafetyandEquipmentCheckList03-15-10.pdf

We will go through this on Saturday morning. FYI, we are switching to CB radios, but they are not required this year. We can't keep you off the trail if you don't have a radio, but we want to keep the group together because we have lost people before on the trails...

About that, i ahve no CB radio.. that gonna cause any problems? I may end up jumping in someones truck anyway... The bronco's Driveshaft is sketchy lol
Ryan

Ryan,

It's OK if you don't have a CB, but I would prefer you don't bring the Bronco on the trail if it has mechanical issues. We don't want to repair trucks on the trail unless absolutely necessary. You are more than welcome to ride with someone. There should be a lot of seats available.

Hey all wanted to let you know that Fred Anderson will be making an appearance on Sat.

All right so Fred isn't coming but the Parts Department is. One of the other guys here, Dave has a 92 4-Runner that we will be bringing out for its maden voyage. He registered this morning and we look forward to a good day at URE. See you all soon.

Chris

Fred Anderson Toyota

Chris,

Let me know if you have any questions, and we'll see you out there!

Ryan, call met at 91942three6O8seven so I can have your number. We are meeting at Bo's tomorrow, correct?

Robert

Hey Guys,
We're rolling in tomorrow morning. We'll need to stop by group camp first - we're going to leave Splash in a crate there while we ride trails. I'll likely meet everyone at the Daniel trailhead instead of the Outpost, so I'll be waiting there around 9:00.

:beer: R

Hey all wanted to let you know that Fred Anderson will be making an appearance on Sat.

All right so Fred isn't coming but the Parts Department is. One of the other guys here, Dave has a 92 4-Runner that we will be bringing out for its maden voyage. He registered this morning and we look forward to a good day at URE. See you all soon.

Chris

Fred Anderson Toyota

:bounce: good to hear you guys will make it but just a lil heads up I will be holding a pop quiz before the beverages start flowing on name that noise (fzj80):D

prize is you get internet notoriety, the commision for the replacement parts :hillbilly:(dont laugh, theres a long list), and a few :beer: of course.

see you there

Chris/Dave, glad you could make it. we will an extra seat if needed.

Eric

Well the logistics of the trip are kicking my butt. I am not making it out today due to everything I do at this point takes a bit of effort since I am on crutches.
I will try to get the 40 on the trailer early in the morning. If this task is not successful then I guess I will miss another trip with you guys.
I can drive the 40 but would not risk driving it on the trail because if I brake something I wont have my trailer with me.

Not being one to quit without trying I will see what the outcome is in the morning.
Wish me luck. I really hope I see you guys in the morn.

Oh yeah quick question.
If I get the 40 on the trailer do I go by the campground in the morning and drop it there or do I go to the outpost?
My tentative plan is to get there early enough to drop the trailer off at the campsite then drive to the outpost on the 40. Making sure I make it there by 0800.

Worst comes to worst I will use my RANGER skills and pull an all nighter to make sure I make it there on time

im here

I'm here by by myself!!! Is this the hazing I was anticipating? Hopefully someone will show up tonight. If not I have beer and steak I will survive.:cheers:

Damn dude, sorry I didn't make it. I'll swing by early to wake you up:grinpimp:

What normally takes a little less than 3 hours, took almost 4 in the 40, painful ride. :eek:

I have not heard back from Ryan about meeting in Graham. So I will be at the group camp at 8am.

Robert

I have not heard back from Ryan about meeting in Graham. So I will be at the group camp at 8am.

Robert

Yeah, my parents dog died last night, so i didnt get to get on here. Now im sitting at work with a civic transmission broken out in front of me.. SUCKS.. Hope you guys are having a blast, im extremely jealous...
Is this the last URE trip for the season??

Sorry again robert.

Ryan:bang:

how was the trip? i hate that i missed it but i bet it felt awesome camping with the cooler weather rollin in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom