Sept Club Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm hoping to do another shake down run this month. Should have the transfer case swapped with the 3/1 LR gears. Any interest? I'm proposing 9/12 at AOAA.

Hoping to be in on this. Trying to get the locker fully sorted out without another trip to the dealership. I do not like turning the locker dial and then having to hope they turn on.

I’ll be out of town.

Hopefully make the next one.

That is a very Jeepish excuse. 👎

Someone in the club, not sure who, once overheard one of the employees at Raucsh Creek marvel at how the Toyota guys drive their trucks, wheel them, and then drive home, while the Jeeps are always trailered...

Someone in the club, not sure who, once overheard one of the employees at Raucsh Creek marvel at how the Toyota guys drive their trucks, wheel them, and then drive home, while the Jeeps are always trailered...

I guess I wheel too hard, there have been two trips where I have not been able to drive home...

I guess I wheel too hard, there have been two trips where I have not been able to drive home...

Only one for me...so far.

1599053157206.png

1599053295010.png

Oof, being able to steer helps!

My first break was grenading my front diif while a trip out to Ohio, and having to get through the rest of the day through bypasses in one wheel drive because my rear locker also stopped working. No manual locking hubs so I had to rent a uhaul and dolly to get home.
My second time I sheared my rear pinion off the diff after bending a low link on a rock and could only drive in reverse because every time I went forward the pinion would drop into the ring gear and lock up. That was interesting getting it off my buddies trailer that night -_-

Boy do I remember that day!!!!! What a time squeezing that 80 through a tight black trail not only with no steering- but we had to drag it backwards! . Bent the passenger fender on the 40 that day winching the 80 around a tree. The Gadget Guy was with us and had his younger sister as a passenger. Couldn't make turns so we had to pivot it around several trees. Poor 80 sat on the trail overnight and Greg and I retrieved it the next day.

Oof! What a call out. But I'm three hours from home, it's MY safety blanket.

I have Vince for that ... personal trail guide, safety blanket and spirit animal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom