Sell It or Keep It??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you are still pondering it, sell it to somone who really wants one and put your mind at ease.

Still can't deside what to do with the old 80.

Kurt,

Sell it to me for $12,000. I will give you that much for it because I know how much you need to get rid of it and how many new parts you have put into it. I could use another 80 anyway.

Then, buy yourself a commuter truck; maybe a 2wd Taco with the 4cyl in it. You can use if for firewood hauling and it will be a little safer than an econobox.

As soon as you send me the title to the 80 I will reduce your account to $988,000.00 US American dollars. :D

-B-

Kurt,

Sell it to me for $12,000. I will give you that much for it because I know how much you need to get rid of it and how many new parts you have put into it. I could use another 80 anyway.

Sold, send me a check for $1,012,000.00

I have been drivin Celica's , Rav4's and even a Volvo:eek: and nothing compairs with the 80. The only thing that comes close is a RX300 and a new V6 Rav4.

I need a biodiesel 80 so I can fry my bird and fuel an 80 in one sitting.

I'd keep the 80, you know what ya got and it's been well maintained. You never know with a used vehicle!
:cheers:

How far can it go?

Since you're determined to drive the 80... Get a 2nd one. Use one for wheeling the other for the drive. I'm all for purpose built 80s.

For the drive one.
Strip it down. Shed the weight.
Remove the 2nd & 3rd row seats, carpet, pannels, etc.
Put on tall skinny tires 255/85R16? Run them at the highest pressure you think is safe.
Use alloy rims.
Pull off the roof rack if it has one.
Remove the hitch.
Remove the fender flares.
Put flat or moon disk hub caps on it.
Build a wind deflector for the front end to help smooth out the brick.
Make sure the O2 sensors and EGR are all working properly.
Keep your foot out of the pedals when you can (both of them).
Skin the underbody to cut down on turbulance.
Lower it 4" (with the tall tires you'll have to lower the bumps too.)
Replace the front seats with light weight race car seats.
Cut, chop and lower the roof 6". (custom glass)

You might get 2-3 mpg more. YMMV... or at least thats the intention.

Buy a commuter car. Keep the 80. When you don't have to commute anymore, sell them both and buy a newer 80. Done deal. Just don't sell the 80 before you are ready to buy another one. You'll end up kicking yourself. Trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom