Hi All, first of all I am new to the Forum but follower for a while - I drive a 2006 Lx470
I am working on replacing the tilt/lift motor on the driver side - since the seat doesn’t move vertically up or down - just hear a clicking noise when I press the switch, from the forums I did notice the gears in them are most likely the culprit bt I was able to get a tilt mechanism with the gears and motor from a donor car
However I am unable to remove the part where the mechanism connects to the frame, it’s got a flat head and no nuts just a washer which seems to have locked the screw and using a wise grip I was able to rotate the screw so that keeps moving
I was wondering if any of you have gone this route or had a solution
I dint want to grind the washer and try taking it out before exploring an other option - since if I put a new nut and bolt combo it would restrict the movement of the screw from what I see probably it was designed to have a play
I am working on replacing the tilt/lift motor on the driver side - since the seat doesn’t move vertically up or down - just hear a clicking noise when I press the switch, from the forums I did notice the gears in them are most likely the culprit bt I was able to get a tilt mechanism with the gears and motor from a donor car
However I am unable to remove the part where the mechanism connects to the frame, it’s got a flat head and no nuts just a washer which seems to have locked the screw and using a wise grip I was able to rotate the screw so that keeps moving
I was wondering if any of you have gone this route or had a solution
I dint want to grind the washer and try taking it out before exploring an other option - since if I put a new nut and bolt combo it would restrict the movement of the screw from what I see probably it was designed to have a play