Sealed to Semi-Sealed DANGER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

22590FJ62

SILVER Star
Threads
Alright, so I went from sealed to semi-sealed this past weekend. The lights look gorgeous. I used an Octane Lighting conversion harness where I plugged it into the passenger side low beam connector, grounded all 4 new connections to the frame and attached the power directly to the battery. I have one massive problem. When I turn the headlight onto the low setting, all 4 come on and stay on bright. This makes it very dangerous for me to drive at night because I'm blinding everyone (an 18 wheeler flashed me last night...and that dude was 6-8 ft in the air!!!). Does anyone know what step I need to take to make the headlight come on on low beam (2 lights) and still have the option to go to high beam (all 4 lights)? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

3AA28740-4F43-44D0-9163-1233B94803C8.jpeg
7ACE28EC-C2DB-4A67-9AFA-36E74EAAA542.jpeg

I ended up figuring this out after talking to Octane Lighting and @Seth S. If you buy this harness to do the H4 conversion, you will have to alter the male plug on the harness that connects to one of the factory OEM low beam sockets. Alter it as follows: facing the 3 prongs, move the right prong to the top, move the top prong to the left and move the left prong to the right. The harness can be found on Amazon, eBay and Octane Lighting's website. See link below.

Octane Lighting H4 Conversion Harness

I ended up figuring this out after talking to Octane Lighting and @Seth S. If you buy this harness to do the H4 conversion, you will have to alter the male plug on the harness that connects to one of the factory OEM low beam sockets. Alter it as follows: facing the 3 prongs, move the right prong to the top, move the top prong to the left and move the left prong to the right. The harness can be found on Amazon, eBay and Octane Lighting's website. See link below.

Octane Lighting H4 Conversion Harness

I think you got a little lucky too. The connector on the low beam side of the FJ62 has one common power terminal and two switched ground terminals. I think when you moved the terminals you actually reversed the power through the relays in such a way that the circuits work properly and luckily the ground in question doesn't go anywhere else. But as long as it works thats what matters.

I think you got a little lucky too. The connector on the low beam side of the FJ62 has one common power terminal and two switched ground terminals. I think when you moved the terminals you actually reversed the power through the relays in such a way that the circuits work properly and luckily the ground in question doesn't go anywhere else. But as long as it works thats what matters.
Oh I got SUPER lucky. I'm happy it all worked out in the end, but damn was I scared I was going to fry the whole system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom