Scepter Water Jug - Hand Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you post a pic of the 1/2" fitting you used please?

1/2" x 3/4" adapter. Just push fit onto the fitting, then the fitting screws into the threaded hole for the aquatainer.

1628221730147.png

Thanks

I use a similar amazon pump adapted to an aquatainer with a 1/2" plumbing fitting from home depot. After using it I gave up the idea of using air pressure or RV pumps. Being self contained, It's much easier than dealing with air or electrical pumps, just attach it and you're done. The battery is supposed to last for about 40 gallons of water, so more than enough for a few trips and easy to recharge from any USB source

The only minor downside is that it's not high pressure, but it's more than enough for hand washing and cleaning. I actually prefer having low volume/low flow because when I used a RV style pump my water consumption went way up because it's overkill for most things like washing hands.
Similarly, my buddy has one tied to a foot pump, usually a lot of kids around. And that tank will go low to empty quick. Being regulated is not such a bad thing.

A foot pump or switch is a great idea. With the standard spigot on the Aquatainer or hose valve on my Scepter, the extra second or two required to turn off the flow probably wasted a fraction of a cup of water. But with a family or group of kids using it 50x or more each day to wash hands, all that wasted water adds up very fast. You can tell how much is being wasted just by the growing puddle under the table

I may modify one of my pumps to use a foot switch. I was looking for a pump with an integrated IR sensor like in a restroom. Being able to turn it on and off without touching anything would keep things more hygienic and would conserve even more water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom