Saturday Drive: Campfire and Smokies: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like a reasonable day on Saturday. Anyone into heading to Chehalis for a campfire and smokies? I've not been to the north side of Chehalis for a few years so unsure best access point or what it's like for beach area at the north end with all the rain we've had. Any thoughts?

gb

10:30 at the Sasquatch Pub

Last edited:
Was another nice day for a drive. Four vehicles met at the Sasquatch. Some slight drizzle and beautiful cloud formations moving by the mountains through the afternoon, till it got dark as we could not see. The snow line was visible on the local hills. After dark the clouds lightened up and stars started popping out. Shut it down around 19:15 or so and headed back.

Chehalis.jpg

Looks like a reasonable day on Saturday. Anyone into heading to Chehalis for a campfire and smokies? I've not been to the north side of Chehalis for a few years so unsure best access point or what it's like for beach area at the north end with all the rain we've had. Any thoughts?

gb
Greg! Can't believe I missed this. I should learn to check this forum. Totally would have gone with you, although I don't have any gear to pull you out of a tight spot! Darn it!! Are you planning to go again, maybe this Saturday? Or even a week day? I leave for Cortes on Sunday for a week, but anytime before that, I'm in!

The busy season for lots is upon us all so might be into the new year for another campfire and smokies day, or even till Garys Winter Run that has been chatted about. Keep an eye on the forum as you never know; Someone might suggest a run. Chehalis is a pretty tame drive, but you never know when out and about.

People seen this: Lakeside at Harrison East I'm neither pro nor anti at this point as not much information. Interesting though. If I have this right it is the old logging camp 22km up Harrison East, so there would lots of road improvements to just before the turn-offs to Hale Creek and Sunrise Lake. If I have the location wrong let me know and I will edit so bad info is not out there.

gb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom