San Diego Area Cruiser-Related Resource List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just thought you guys might want to know...I took my Jeep to Auto Air Marine Electric in El Cajon, and I was not impressed. Had him fix some gauges and lights, and I had to bring the vehicle back twice to fix things that he neglected but were quoted in the beginning. Owner was consistently unprofessional and rude on the phone. Just my 2 cents.

everyone makes mistakes, me included, admitting to those mistakes and apologizing and making it right is what makes the difference

I found a good nugget I thought I would share here. Local shop in north county that does steam cleaning and does a hell of a job. They recently cleaned the whole engine and undercarriage of a 1997 80 series I am working on.

North county imports vista
760-945-0266

has anyone had an recent experience with Rust repair, Paint, or Upholstery? Thanks so much.

I really appreciate this list, thanks for putting it together. I saw the Carlsbad Toyota rec for a pre-purchase inspection. Does anyone have another recommendation? Maybe a little further south, near La Jolla? Thanks again.

There's a Marine with a 1983 FJ60 that is looking for someone or a good local shop that knows 2F's. He needs help getting all the smog stuff worked out on his rig

Heads up here, apparently SD Trux no longer works on FJ40s. They recommended I call Noah for a PPI. I left him a VM. Open to other suggestions, as well. Thank you.

I found a good nugget I thought I would share here. Local shop in north county that does steam cleaning and does a hell of a job. They recently cleaned the whole engine and undercarriage of a 1997 80 series I am working on.

North county imports vista
760-945-0266
Howdy! What did they charge for this service?

Thank you

Shane

Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about either Off-road Warehouse or 4-Wheel Parts off the 78 and 15? I’m about to upgrade my front bumper and suspension on my 2013.

thanks!

Any input on Off-road Warehouse or 4-Wheel Parts off the 78 and 15 would be greatly appreciated!

I know some wrench swing thugs that work for a decent price... what are you looking to get done??

I’m wanting a lift, bigger tires (currently have BFG AT KO2 285/70/17 on RW wheels), front bumper, and rock rails. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I’m wanting a lift, bigger tires (currently have BFG AT KO2 285/70/17 on RW wheels), front bumper, and rails. Thanks in advance!
You're most likely going to have a wait on a bumper and 'rails' and perhaps even the lift as off the shelf parts for 200's are nonexistent for the most part. Hopefully I'm wrong?

You're most likely going to have a wait on a bumper and 'rails' and perhaps even the lift as off the shelf parts for 200's are nonexistent for the most part. Hopefully I'm wrong?
Thanks for answering!! No worries. Nothing urgent.

Thanks for answering!! No worries. Nothing urgent.
Good thing is the potential delay could prove useful in making your choices. is an upside. Beach-n-Toys is a local Toyota club that has many LC owners and meets the first Tues of the Month at Mikes BBQ in Escondido at 6:30 pm please come on out.

As for shops if you want them to do the work, I know a shop that i can put a stamp of approval, They are in San Marcos.

As for shops if you want them to do the work, I know a shop that i can put a stamp of approval, They are in San Marcos.
Definitely. All my brain space (and garage space) is invested in woodworking! Lol

Hi all!! About to buy my first FJ40! Looking to connect with other owners in SD. Any clubs etc? Thanks in advance

Hi all!! About to buy my first FJ40! Looking to connect with other owners in SD. Any clubs etc? Thanks in advance
So here is a great place to get info as well as the Beach N Toys side as we have meetings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom