Samurai as DD

Greetings. I have been on Ih8mud for several years. I owned an fj60 landcruiser and now I drive a 1984 SR5 pickup. I am considering adding a Samurai and wanted to get some feedback. I would like to use it as a daily driver. How is the sami on the freeway? I had heard they don't accelerate well but I am used to that with my toyotas. I don't mind a little road noise. Just wondering how practical it would be. Any other relevant input would be appreciated. I drive about 500 miles a week.

If you don't want to turn fast Or go fast but want to get from point a to point b I say do it there awesome little trucks reliable tough small and look like a beast if that helps lol and parking will be very easy too.

i think a sidekick would make a better DD (i own one, so i may be biased)

the down side is they're not as capable off-road, they tend to be mutually exclusive on these things

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer

Bump

i have a sami and a sidekick ,the sami is gutless on the road but great in the bush ,would rather daily drive the sidekick with the auto tranny
that being said i love my sami 5;13's front and rear lockers full cage custom front and rear bumpers SOA ,shackle reversal Toyota Celica power steering ,fold down window hinges , t-case e-brake like the cruiser ,my sami just needs a high steer kit
a couple quick pics of my junk sidekick has 3+3 calmini lift and 31's sami has 33's

:cheers:

IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG

Top Bottom