Safe Jack Recovery Tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Regardless of how prepared we are and how carefully we try to avoid getting stuck or caught in a very precarious situation the inevitable happens. It's not a question of if it will happen, but a question of when.

Most of us who wheel a lot have a winch and at a minimum a hi-lift jack to assist us in getting ourselves or others out of unfortunate situations.

Experience has shown us that while the hi-lift jack is an awesome tool, it is also a dangerous one if not used properly. Hi-Lift Company makes several accessories for the Hi-Lift Jack that increases it's usefulness in differing circumstances. However, we all know that the jack can be dangerous to use if extreme caution is not exercised.

Richard Bogert of Bogert Manufacturing has developed a stable platform called "safe jack" this platform provides 144 square inches of support for the hi-lift jack in sand or mud. The "safe Jack" base also has two cables that attach to the base plate and the hi-lift jack to provide a very stable platform for raising your vehicle. The cables eliminate the side to side movement of the jack. I have personally used the Safe Jack in several off camber positions and it provides stable support for the hi-lift jack.

An excellent review of the Safe Jack was prepared by Jonathan Hanson for Overland Expo. For the excellent write up go to: http://www.overlandexpo.com/overland...lift-jack.html

Richard Bogert is like the energizer bunny as he's always thinking and developing new products. His latest being a set of adapters that transforms the common bottle jack into a very versatile and "must have" for every off-road" recovery kit. For more information on this excellent product see Jonathan Hanson's article for Overland Expo. Go to: Overland Expo - Overland Tech & Travel - New from BogertManufacturing

At the Bogert Manufacturing website there are some excellent videos showing the Safe Jack base and the bottle jack adapters in use. Go to: https://www.facebook.com/SafeJacks for more information.

Cheers,

dale

I just purchased some of their products for my 12ton bottle Jack's. I managed to break my Toyota Jack on my 100, so now I use hydro bottle jacks. The extensions and frame pads look like they'll work well.

I also recently purchased some of their tools for a 6 ton jack. I have a Hi-Lift, but the bottle jack (with some of the Safe Jack accessories) seems much safer. Tools in the tool box, and all.

Unless something has changed with Safe Jack it will not fit under a Land Cruisers rear axle with a flat unless you are running 24" spinners rims. Safe Jack on the left, factory jack on the right with a jack adapter and for $36 you can change a flat safely.

IMG_9529[2].JPG

I may buy a replacement someday for my grenaded Toyota Jack. The bottle jack I have now is not from safe jack, and is short enough to fit. The Toyota jack sure is faster though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom