Rusty Rocker Repair Refurbisment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are the 'before' and 'after' repair by Millson Motor Works.

IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0477.JPG
Glenn's BJ74 Rockers 217.jpg
Glenn's BJ74 Rockers 225.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Rob!
Scary to see the rust coming on like that :(

Milson does meticulous and careful work. He was showing me some similar repairs to a 60 he was tackling yesterday.

:beer:

New fabricated panels welded and the inner was rotten so Rob used part of the inner reinforcement panel I had ordered from Japan - that saved many hours.

New fabricated panels welded and the inner was rotten so Rob used part of the inner reinforcement panel I had ordered from Japan - that saved many hours.

Glenn i'm a bit surprised that you didnt do this yourself. maybe i have to remind you that you are The Glenn.

Thanks guys!
Well all I can say is there should be a sight called ih8rust.com!!!
As much as I dislike body work I seem to take a great amount of joy from eradicating the rust from one of these gems. :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is that your BJ74 Glenn?

Funny there is more than one Rob Milson that works on cruisers. Past owner of RADD cruisers is also Rob Milson (handle on mud is Diesel Cruiserman). More mechanic than body man tho.

Not quite, @Diesel Cruiserman is Rob Lassman, former owner of RADD. Millson worked for RADD for awhile, has worked on LC's for years. Rob L. sold RADD before Rob M. started at RADD, if I'm incorrect I'm sure one of the Rob's will chime in :)

Last edited:
Oh please, the old 60 was way worse, had to remake all 4 body mounts and wheel wells one summer when I discovered I had nothing there. Those little holes are nothing ;)

Is that why it filled up with lake water so quickly?

As requested Mat......not that you need to see, I know you have dealt with your share of LC rust!
image.jpg

And many hours of cutting, welding and grinding later.......
image.jpg

And now to the quarter.....
image.jpg

cool, using 18ga or thinner for new steel?

I have the pleasure of factory donor pieces, seemed to be close to 18 might be a smidgen thicker.
I think the factory stuff might be a metric measure if there is such a thing in metal thickness?

I have the pleasure of factory donor pieces, seemed to be close to 18 might be a smidgen thicker.
I think the factory stuff might be a metric measure if there is such a thing in metal thickness?

There is, it's called millimeters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom