rusty rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, i know that a rust question may be new for a group of cuiserers, ha. anyway, what has everyone found to be the cure for the cancer at the bottom of the doors without door replacement. any help would be great.

why not door replacement? It'd be cheaper and quicker

Are you talking complete door replacement or just replacing the bottoms? And I assume you are talking about the front doors as opposed to the ambulance doors, not that it really matters.

Unless you can find a set of doors that are in great shape for a good price then I'd replace the bottoms with these:

http://www.rockymountaincruisers.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl/SID=1156135400.3483/page=product.html/product=144

You can get doors bottoms from a lot of places, the above just being someone local that does great work.

I'm not sure how else you could approach rusty door bottoms any other way and make them look good.

If you want to replace the whole door you have atleast four options:

1. Second hand, may require some panelwork if they are not "straight" but will be the cheapest to buy and if you want to keep it a genuine toyota steel restoration. Doors changed in different years so you may need to do a little homework to get some that fit if you can't find doors from your year.

2. New steel doors - best option if you want to keep your cruiser all steel but may rust again if not done right and cared for.

3. New aluminium doors - never rust and lighter than steel.

4. New fibreglass doors - never rust and lighter than steel .

Lup:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom