Rust / Undercarriage Coating place

Hello.

FIrst time posting on this section of the form.

Picked up a LC and seems like there is some rust/surface rust in the undercarriage.

I wanted to know if there is a place here in Vegas which can take care of this?

Any help is appreciated?

Thank you.

airon23

SILVER Star

You may have better luck in a southern Nevada club. I imagine there is one just don't know what it's called, but this club's members primarily live in or near northern Nevada.

Tony_Farson

GOLD Star
Hey! So two things: You need to neutralize/convert the rust first, then coat the substrate to reduce the risk of future rust formation. Make sure you ask questions like this to ensure whomever you take it to doesn't just spray over the rust which will allow it to continue to grow under the undercoating.

Good luck!

Ok so I have been using a wire brush and taking some of it off. Some area are really chipping so not sure what should I do about those. Will get pics for this to see what options I have and recommendations.

I was trying to find a place which can clean it up as much as they can and than coat.

From reading online, looks like I can try to clean us the frame or the rust areas as much as I can and than spray a rust converter and than Rust-Oleum Undercoating

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member

Just drive it. You will be fine. I brought a 66 Chevy Pick up down from the Oregon Coast to Vegas. It was in an immediate state of arrested decay. The cancer on your truck is literally nothing compared to my Cheby SB truck. If you are really bothered rattle can a few coats of Rustoloem on it so you can;t see it.

Edit: The money would be well spent on other projects like lockers, wheels. lifts, etc etc

Last edited:
Thank You so much for the input. I havent owned any rusted cars so was in a panic mode.

I wish I inspected it more.

Top Bottom