Rust removal trick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For grins and giggles I will throw this in...I recently purchased a soda blasting kit from "Water Cannon" and it works great. This hooks up to your high pressure power washer and sucks up the soda from the soda bag. The only drawback I found was that it killed the crap out of some types of grass in the yard so I moved my project down to the south forty and it worked great!

Just a thought ....

Does it run it through the pump? Or pull it in between the pump and the gun? I'd imagine that it is going to wear out components of the pressure washer a lot quicker.

No it doesn't run through the pump...there is an attachment you put on the end of the wand and the pickup tube enters this attachment and is sucked into the water stream via venturi effect..(or what ever that word is), so the pump is not involved other than you have to have a screw in nozzle..not the pop in type and also which is very important..if one orders one of the setups..you need to furnish the pump psi and more importantly...how many gallons per minute so they can match the nozzle for your particular pump....this made a big difference to my setup.

Shep

No it doesn't run through the pump...there is an attachment you put on the end of the wand and the pickup tube enters this attachment and is sucked into the water stream via venturi effect..(or what ever that word is), so the pump is not involved other than you have to have a screw in nozzle..not the pop in type and also which is very important..if one orders one of the setups..you need to furnish the pump psi and more importantly...how many gallons per minute so they can match the nozzle for your particular pump....this made a big difference to my setup.

Shep
What is cleanup like for the part you are wet blasting? What did you clean and dry the part with? Did you prime immediatley?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom