Running board ???'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gotta question for anyone out there who might know wat's sup wit dis??? Gotta set of Factory running boards from a fellow CSC member for my FJ80 (wanted to have them for the snow up here in Flagstaff) went too install them 1 day & wasn't able to put them on due to the improper brackets / configuration that was on them, 2 of the brackets were angled correctly & will fit while the center or 3rd bracket was designed to fit in a vertical (straight up & down) position. My question is this do I need to aquire just 1 bracket that is at an angle or will I need a complete set of the brackets for a 07/92' FJ80? Either way if anyone out there might know of or have a set of brackets there not going too use, please lmk as I'd like to install these on our rig? Tanx in advance for any help with this.

Gotta question for anyone out there who might know wat's sup wit dis??? Gotta set of Factory running boards from a fellow CSC member for my FJ80 (wanted to have them for the snow up here in Flagstaff) went too install them 1 day & wasn't able to put them on due to the improper brackets / configuration that was on them, 2 of the brackets were angled correctly & will fit while the center or 3rd bracket was designed to fit in a vertical (straight up & down) position. My question is this do I need to aquire just 1 bracket that is at an angle or will I need a complete set of the brackets for a 07/92' FJ80? Either way if anyone out there might know of or have a set of brackets there not going too use, please lmk as I'd like to install these on our rig? Tanx in advance for any help with this.

Dude! Ya cant mount running boards 40 inches above ground level! And, I dont think they will work much lower for skiis. 🤔🤣 it may be easier to buy a set of early model boards and resell those later model ones.

Don't really understand where your goin' with the 40" above ground thing, as my 80 is sitting pretty much stock??? & as far as skis go they fit insise the back jus' fine, So I gather your try'n to say the boards I may have are for a later model 80??? That's all I'm try'n ta get info on as to whether these will work or not, that's all

I would guess you need earlier model running boards if they have them. I am guessing you could make what you have work but I have no experience with early model 80's. @inkpot and others have a much broader knowledge base than I do, so my guess is that there is an early model option judging from his response.

Don't really understand where your goin' with the 40" above ground thing, as my 80 is sitting pretty much stock??? & as far as skis go they fit insise the back jus' fine, So I gather your try'n to say the boards I may have are for a later model 80??? That's all I'm try'n ta get info on as to whether these will work or not, that's all
Thought you are in Flagstaff, which just got over 40" of snow. I think the problem is the exhaust system. There are 3 basic layouts 91-92, 93-94, and 95-97. Sliders and running boards have different mounting points that are exclusive to each group. I dont k ol how much work it would take to cobble up brackets to make them fit.

Thought you are in Flagstaff, which just got over 40" of snow. I think the problem is the exhaust system. There are 3 basic layouts 91-92, 93-94, and 95-97. Sliders and running boards have different mounting points that are exclusive to each group. I donol how much work it would take to cobble up brackets to make them fit.
Sorry I didn't get the whole 40" of snow thing, I'm a lil' slow on the uptake t'day! (recent surgery) & yes it's beautiful up here right now! However I was just wondering if anyone out there knew of a bolt on fix I'm no stranger to having to fab up a bracket or 2. actually the exhaust really isn't in the way as I've highly modified that also having removed the cats & installing straight pipes w/a flowmaster. So I've got plenty of room, jus' wanted to see if there maybe a faster shortcut to bolt up stuff instead of fabricating brackets. Tanx again for the input as it sounds like I'll need too find a set of brackets from a 91-92' Aw'sum & speed safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom