Wanted Running 2F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any leads out there on a running 2F engine with less than 200k miles?

1982 40, but an early 60 works too

I have one in Durango. Unknown mileage, but it ran good, no smoke. Have a video of it running just before I pulled it. Has a Downey Holley carburetor and headers. Nice gear reduction starter with less than 50 starts on it. Also has a power steering pump and Pertronix ignition.
Do you know what year it is? Compression #'s?

Do you know what year it is? Compression #'s?
It's been a while since I researched the engine #. I think it is a 77. I should have checked the compression before pulling it. I guess I could rig a battery to do a test. Cold start, manual choke, it takes 1 to 1.5 revolutions to start. Hot start, just touch the key and it's running.

It's been a while since I researched the engine #. I think it is a 77. I should have checked the compression before pulling it. I guess I could rig a battery to do a test. Cold start, manual choke, it takes 1 to 1.5 revolutions to start. Hot start, just touch the key and it's running.
Do you still have this? I

Any leads out there on a running 2F engine with less than 200k miles?
I've got a full running 2f/4sp/transfer case drivetrain I'm looking to sell. Mileage is 136k. Can include intake/exhaust manifold, alternator, etc... I can get compression numbers for you (checked them recently but didn't write them down. oops. They were nominal.) I've got video of vehicle running right before I pulled the drivetrain. I could potentially deliver it to Colorado - I would only add gas money to the price for that. I can get you pictures in the next couple days.

PM me with questions, or text me: 385-497-1585. I'm located in Utah

I've got a full running 2f/4sp/transfer case drivetrain I'm looking to sell. Mileage is 136k. Can include intake/exhaust manifold, alternator, etc... I can get compression numbers for you (checked them recently but didn't write them down. oops. They were nominal.) I've got video of vehicle running right before I pulled the drivetrain. I could potentially deliver it to Colorado - I would only add gas money to the price for that. I can get you pictures in the next couple days.

PM me with questions, or text me: 385-497-1585. I'm located in Utah
PM incoming.

I have this desmogged unit with 187k miles. Compression Test numbers 163,161,166,165, 168, 168. 1-6. Comes with everything on the belts, carb.

IMG_4686.jpeg

I have 78 2F out of my 40. Rebuilt with headers, DUI distributor and Howell EFI if you are still looking. Also 4 speed tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom