Events/Trails Run to Tuscon wash 2/22/2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same.

as for the weather, hopefully the rain comes early. Rain Friday would be good. We would have no dust on the wash run.
it looks like most of the rain is going to happen in the middle of the night and by the time we meet up in Mammoth it'll be starting to clear out

Looks like zero dust. ;)

WeatherStory3.png

Are we still on for this even with the rain predicted? Who would still go?
I would really need to see the forcast tomorrow. I am going to look at the weather tomorrow afternoon and see what Saturday is looking like. Hopefully this system is coming in slowly enough that it ends up being Saturday evening. So far it has been delayed 8 hours according to Google.

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there. What does everyone think of postponing this run til next week that just seems like an awful lot of rain to have to deal with while in a wash. Granted my dad wont be here anymore but that wasn't the main reason for the run. Latest forecast said that it was a warm storm that has already triggered a flash flood warning for today and tomorrow. The national weather service is expecting 1" 1.25" of rain.

Just throwing this out there. What does everyone think of postponing this run til next week that just seems like an awful lot of rain to have to deal with while in a wash. Granted my dad wont be here anymore but that wasn't the main reason for the run. Latest forecast said that it was a warm storm that has already triggered a flash flood warning for today and tomorrow. The national weather service is expecting 1" 1.25" of rain.
I'm in agreement. I really wanted to run this with the club members, I am willing to setup another weekend for this. The weather is awesome this year, so maybe we can plan a lunch as well for the run. What say you guys?

I'm in agreement. I really wanted to run this with the club members, I am willing to setup another weekend for this. The weather is awesome this year, so maybe we can plan a lunch as well for the run. What say you guys?

I understand the concern with it being a wash. I don’t think it’ll be an issue but next Saturday should be fine also.

@splitshot since that is basically in your neighborhood/neck of the woods do you think you can give an update in the morning. I am going to plan on running it and i will see what the trail head brings. If the wash is running then I am going to do it next weekend. I can just see this being the hurricane that was supposed to hit a couple of summers ago and didn't do anything.

Sure thing, I have been running the 77 through Mammoth 1 to 2 times a day for the last 2 years and yet to see water flowing under the Tucson wash bridge.
We've had winter storm totals in excess of 2 to 3" and not enough to create runoff.
The event in the video was during a record summer microburst which I remember well, it flooded my shop. Nothing I see in the forecast comes close.

@splitshot since that is basically in your neighborhood/neck of the woods do you think you can give an update in the morning. I am going to plan on running it and i will see what the trail head brings. If the wash is running then I am going to do it next weekend. I can just see this being the hurricane that was supposed to hit a couple of summers ago and didn't do anything.

i don’t think that wash really runs. It’s like 100 yards wide. But if we have nobody willing to wheel it in the rain, there is no run.
If split shot lives near there it’ll be great to get a report early. I’ll plan on going unless it gets called off.

Last edited:
i don’t think that was really runs. It’s like 100 yards wide. But if we have nobody willing to wheel it in the rain, there is no run.
mid split shot lives near there it’ll be great to get a report early. I’ll plan on going unless it gets called off.
Personally, I think we are golden. Some of my favorite outings have been in inclement weather. Think of it, no dust. :clap:

I say "Let's go" (plus I am out for the next couple of weekends).

Sounds like we are still on

I’d probably not be able to go ne
Sounds like we are still on
who all is still going I’m down to still go if everybody is still going

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom