Rubithon 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just registered for Rubithon. Will be going in from Loon Wednesday 6/23 in the afternoon for Mudrak's run.

I chatted with Madrak & his plans weren’t going to work for me. So I’m still looking for someone to tag along with for a casual pace from Loon to Buck on Wednesday.

Where in the heck are all of our PMC members? I'm disappointed in our count so far. Toys on the Rocks has more people registered!

Michael Dreman? Tim? Roger? Tracy? what's up?

Also:
Just a reminder - there will NOT be a Saturday dinner. There WILL be the Awards and Raffle and every other activity that we normally have.

Please make sure to bring food for Saturday evening.

For the food refunds - The ones that were part of the registration will be credited $15 in raffle tickets for each meal. For extra meals that were paid in addition to your registration, you will have a choice of $20 in raffle tickets or a $15 cash refund of the meal when you get into camp.

Thanks!

Ross Woody
Rubithon Chairman

Ross, I'm going in for the week but I can't seem to get any info if still registered from 2020 rollover to 2021.

Tim

Great Andy, what are you driving? Did you finish the up grade's to the 40?

So now the Tahoe side is closed all that week tell late Friday, Maybe going in late Friday afternoon, never been on the other trail

I’ve done Barker pass a few times . It’s a fun drive but trailer parking becomes a problem. I’m not sure of any parking lots near by unless you trailer up to the summit.

I’ve done Barker pass a few times . It’s a fun drive but trailer parking becomes a problem. I’m not sure of any parking lots near by unless you trailer up to the summit.
We're working on that. According to our contact:

"There is some parking at the Middle Fork trailhead, by the pit toilets. It’s a long, windy, narrow paved road to the top but there is room up there for parking."

Looking at Google Earth, there seem to be a lot of cars parked at the end of the paved section of road
barker pass overhead.jpg

I just registered, taking the 4runner in for the mini run Thursday morning. Planning to camp at Loon after work Wednesday. Getting ready now, got my rear end all freshened, bearings ujoints, brakes, and got a bug net for my hammock. Can’t wait!

chris
850E14DE-04A9-4DC8-AD95-D38015B44F81.jpeg

C78A64BE-585F-46E7-9A81-D31991AAFFF7.jpeg
D9329F5A-1B82-4776-8DFC-30EFDA00D533.jpeg

The sign I remember seeing says Blackwood Canyon if coming from Tahoe City if you get to Eagle Rock you went to far. There is no major buildings/businesses to reference along that strip, its at the end of the second long section right next to water if that makes sense ?

How long is the drive to the trail going that way? looks like a long way-

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom