ROTW ROTW - 66fj40x2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REZARF said:
What do you figure your crawl ratio is?

Are you still running 4:11's

Rezarf <><
Not sure on the crawl ratio, never paid much attention to it. SM420, 3spd case, 4.11 gears, If I recall correctly that setup should be around 69 or 70 to 1.

tornadoalleycruiser said:
Mike, show us your cool hydroboost setup! Explain some of this possible issues with it and how you overcame them.

Cain't find the pics :mad:

I just recently installed hydro-assist from foxfab. A major consideration for me was not wanting to drill out of steering box for hydraulic fittings since my box came from O'Reilly's with a lifetime warranty. Erik suggested I check out EMS Off-Road. They make a billet front cover that is ported for a hydraulic fitting for hydro assist. They also offer a drilled and tapped top cover and IIRC both covers ran ~$100. I ordered both so I could keep the OEM covers in case I never keep to use the warranty. The install was pretty straight forward and the only hangup for me was the extended front cover barely touched the front bumper. A couple quick cuts with the angle grinder and it's good. I do like not having the turn the front locker off and on everytime I need to steer the rig and with 38's I'm sure the gearbox will last a lot longer not having to do all the work.

If my computer weren't dinking up this morning I would at least have links for ya to foxfab (he's on Mud and Pirate) and I think the other is emsoff-road.com

66fj40x2 said:
Not sure on the crawl ratio, never paid much attention to it. SM420, 3spd case, 4.11 gears, If I recall correctly that setup should be around 69 or 70 to 1.

7.05 * 2.313 * 4.11 = 67.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom