ROTW - 60s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ummm.... wow. Thanks. You've just made yesterday's oil pan gasket replacement project seem really really really trivial.

I'm a moron... how does one cool a boat engine? Does it have a radiator hidden somewhere? or does it just get really hot?

Also, did you have the spare engine lying around or did you research all sorts and decide this was the way to go? I imagine those are a little more $$$ (to say the least) than the typical LC engine options...

Jason

dude... a boat engine is the same as a regular engine where you can hook it up to a rad. but it has brass stuff so salt water wont screw qwith it.

Waggoner5,

Can you do me a favor and tell the guys on the 'Cummins 6BT' thread that there is no such thing as too much power? They are giving me flack about wanting to install a 6BT into my truck. I believe that there is no such thing as too much power, and you must think that as well. Thanks!

BTW, that is a F#*KING AWESOME TRUCK!!!'

I thought that the first engine was a LT1....

:beer:

All I can say is damn. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The ROTW designation caught my eye and made me take a quick peek in here.

That is not what I expected to see. Makes me miss my 60 but it was never that cool. :cool:

Awesome truck Wagg. Very, very impressive. :cheers:

For years I thought my FJ62 was cool, then I saw Gary's and got humbled! What I like best about Gary's 62 is that despite looking as clean as a new Cruiser, he wheels the crap out of it, and that's proof of a well-designed, well-built truck. Besides, it's not the average OME+ARB+roof rack wagon, it's definitely out of the box.

Nice choice for the first rig!

OH MY GGGGGG.......HECK !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well looks to me like this is over before it even got started.

How in the crap can anything compare to that beauty that is the Wag's ride? A full restoration/build up that is sweet Wag.

Sweet indeed.

OK WHO'S NEXT?

ballardcruiser said:
I'm a moron... how does one cool a boat engine? Does it have a radiator hidden somewhere? or does it just get really hot?

There are a couple of ways to cool a boat engine... some engines are 'raw water cooled' - raw water is taken in through a hull fitting, and circulated through the engine. This has some issues - and I don't like the idea of pumping raw seawater through a cast iron engine block. Better, I think, is a heat exchanger which flows raw water over a radiator-like series of tubes and allows the use of coolants in a controlled system. You could, I assume use a radiator and cool it with air, but that requires a fan and engineered airflow. Space is usually limited on a boat, so this option is nor the best, IMO.

Mike S

PS: Very nice job on the 60... I bet it hauls with that Mercruiser.

Thank you. I've emailed him a couple of times and they are rock solid custom bumpers by a Cruiser Fabricator in southern Vermont. I will own a set like that some time in the future...

:beer:

Waggoner5 said:
I started with a LT1/4L60E/Split case as shown in a couple of photos, but ended up with a 502/4L80E/KluneV/split case, for more low end power and better gearing. Mileage is around 12.5 until you gear down then it drops significally. Performance was adequate with the LT1 but the 502 is way better. It makes over 500 ft. lbs. from 2k-5k, so it takes very little throttle to get things going. Many other mods were done to the axles to help transmit the torque to the wheels without breaking things.

Men .. WTF you are my hero .. ! :D

ToTheTop for a sweet rig.

Those are stock axles aside from new bearings and new Longfields? I'm amazed they haven't puked!

Last edited:
So, whos next???...i can't compete with that :flipoff2: awesome rig, yep i'm drooling now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom