Roof fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it's time to attack the cancer from where there where chrome strips screwed to the roof from the roof rack..option 1 cut the whole roof off at the dotted lines and weld in 1 large sheet of metal......or option 2 cut out each rust spot and weld in new sheet metal each each location(about 20 holes)

The sides of the roof and drip well are in great shape it's just the dead center...any advice...I'm trying get some ideas before I start getting estimates. Thanks
20200419_104842.jpg
20200419_105004.jpg
20200419_102726.jpg

I would definitely cut out each individual rust spot vs. chop out the whole roof section. The areas that are rusted are mostly flat and should be easy to fix. Also, get the rusted areas media blasted first because you might be surprised at how much good metal is under the rusted areas.

Good luck with the repair.

Before you go further, get a wire wheel and brush out all the caulking in the gutters. I’ve seen enough
to know that if the tops like that, the gutters are there too. Know before you start, you don’t want to
pretty up the picture and have a rotten frame! Also look at the bottom of the A pillars with the
front doors open, layers there that will sneak up on you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom