Rocker bolts sourcing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Had a let down to day when I went to finish mountain my cylinder head when I realized I hadn’t checked if I had the rocker bolts in my bolt box:: turns out I’d didn’t!

I need to get this head done ASAP— anyone know where I can overnight ship these bolts or if a bigger auto parts store carries these? Are they rare or pretty standard?

Thanks
Dan

There are three different bolts. Two seem pretty special. You should try to get them from to your I think.

18528202-A7C4-498E-8277-A82FBEE98504.jpeg

Toyota said all they could get were these "equivalent" part numbers but said they aren't sure if they will be the right length. 90116-08123 for the stud and 911611-60855 were all they could get out of the parts that came up. They couldn't even find 90101-08049 in their system... weird. Spent an hour searching just now nothing other than that so far

I think this thread answered my question...I made a very crude post putting it all together

K gentlemen, Been at this all night, I thought I had 5 of 6 rocker assembly bolts but they are just fools gold basically. They were the right diameter and 73 mm like the wider bolts I have for the rights side of the assembly, but their threads don't make it all the way in --- they're just too short for the assembly because the threads are only able to go in halfway before running out of length. Same with the studs, they look almost identical but from going through other threads photos those appear a bit longer.

Besides the Bolts that go into number 5 and number 2 on the right side, (73 and 75mm x 10mm is what I have) im going to need new bolts, studs, washers, and the 4 nuts that go on top of the cover.

Took a lot of diagnosing and measuring to figure this out (assuming im right) either these studs will be used later or the guys who shipped my project are shaping up to fully be the idiots I thought they were and put the wrong studs in the bolt box, (I wouldn't put it past them as they sent me 2 fly wheels, 2 starter motors, and solenoids -hoses-and fans for the wrong vehicle entirely.

Gotta figure out a way to get these relatively cheaply, guys on here are charging 12 bucks a pop for these bolts/studs and I need 10 total ://

Good news is I found all the bell housing bolts I need for attachment this week.
I never thought that bolts would be my Achilles heal, and the PO thought he was doing me a favor by tossing out a lot of them because they were Old, when that's exactly what im replacing them with anyway..SMH

Onwards and upwards,
Beehanger

tempImageQYSD9i.png

tempImagezEQmUD.png

tempImageLp9Bi7.png

K gentlemen, Been at this all night, I thought I had 5 of 6 rocker assembly bolts but they are just fools gold basically. They were the right diameter and 73 mm like the wider bolts I have for the rights side of the assembly, but their threads don't make it all the way in --- they're just too short for the assembly because the threads are only able to go in halfway before running out of length. Same with the studs, they look almost identical but from going through other threads photos those appear a bit longer.

Besides the Bolts that go into number 5 and number 2 on the right side, (73 and 75mm x 10mm is what I have) im going to need new bolts, studs, washers, and the 4 nuts that go on top of the cover.

Took a lot of diagnosing and measuring to figure this out (assuming im right) either these studs will be used later or the guys who shipped my project are shaping up to fully be the idiots I thought they were and put the wrong studs in the bolt box, (I wouldn't put it past them as they sent me 2 fly wheels, 2 starter motors, and solenoids -hoses-and fans for the wrong vehicle entirely.

Gotta figure out a way to get these relatively cheaply, guys on here are charging 12 bucks a pop for these bolts/studs and I need 10 total ://

Good news is I found all the bell housing bolts I need for attachment this week.
I never thought that bolts would be my Achilles heal, and the PO thought he was doing me a favor by tossing out a lot of them because they were Old, when that's exactly what im replacing them with anyway..SMH

Onwards and upwards,
Beehanger

View attachment 3252240

View attachment 3252241

View attachment 3252242

glad your able to sort all this out ,. or are starting to i see

i would prepare yourself to take the medicine here , and budget DOUBLE for all this needed hardware , its specific and specific does cost more then non=specific

just some well intended straight talk i think you need to know mr. Beehanger

i don't have any of these parts , they left along time ago now ..... :confused:

matt

Figured it out. Ive got a 40 series rocker that came with the rig, but the 60 series bolts, studs etc. I think they must have just really torques these shorter bolts, not sure how they got a way with it.

Im trying to figure out next steps, my budget just got smaller and I don't want to buy a new rocker if I don't have to. Maybe I could do a trade?
The last concern is the spring and valve height and which rocker assembly it is set for.
Is it a REALLY bad idea running with the 40 series rocker and 60 series bolts as before if it fits the valves?!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom