Rock Slider Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a new 4Runner and I am looking for any recommendations out there for rock sliders. There appear to be a lot of choices. Any recommendations or any things to stay away from? Thanks.

MetalTech 4x4 sliders is what I would recommend. @helocat and the MetalTech crew builds great stuff!

Here is a couple pics of them on my 5th Gen:
4-Runner-climb.jpg

38085948-10155445142270894-6717057232917233664-o.jpg

I'm a Slee guy all the way...more parts to put together....but unbelievably strong!!

Those slee stepsliders are great- I had them on my GX and my short lady really liked them. They were difficult to put on and expensive $1,500 with shipping but super beefy.

Toyota also just released some pretty legit OEM “rock rails” for the 4runner at about $450/set:

Most guys in my local TLCA club run white knuckle on various toyota trucks. Pretty good bang for your buck, especially if you rattle can paint the raw steel yourself:

I'm a Slee guy all the way...more parts to put together....but unbelievably strong!!

ME too. I have them on my Land Cruiser. Trying to buy for a new 4Runner that arrives this week but sold out. Can't track any down in Colorado.

I've had White Knuckle Off Road sliders on my 80 for years and continued to be really impressed. If/when I get around to putting sliders on my 4Runner, I will stick with WKOR. Fit perfect and very stout.

If you are a rock crawling enthusiast, go with rock sliders with kickout (usually the ones with this feature are very solid and kickout helps your vehicle to be pushed away from the rocks and protect your rear guard, or pivot over them). If you are a regular offroad enthusiast, go with anything tough as ARB. If you are 95% city, go with anything that looks good.

I just ordered my White Knuckle Off Road DOM Sliders tonight. Second for @white-knuckleoffroad . 5% MUD discount, or 10% if you are military/veteran.

The stock Predator rail steps are just stupid that came on my 2022 Pro , why would someone want to have a step hanging down to lower your ground clearance and catch and hook .
These will be my 3rd set of white knuckle , I had have a set of LOD sliders on another truck and rusting in less than 6 months , just sucks , they look ok and we’re only 600 but still a waste of money .

I have a set of White Knuckles on my 2011 T4R and like them a lot. Just remember you'll probably have to rattle can spray them every now and then. powder coating looks cute, but scrapes off quickly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom