Rock Chef V (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, so here is the secret ingredient this year: Mandarin Oranges and possibly Cuties.

As in years past, you will be judged on 2 savory dishes and 1 desert. You will be judged on Taste (up to 5 points,) Originality (up to 5 points,) and presentation (up to 3 points.) Plus the 2 possible bonus points listed below.

You can earn up to (2) bonus points by also having an adult beverage that also features the ingredient. One for having the ingredient in it and can taste it and the second if it pairs well with the dish you are serving.

Past winners have figured out it helps to keep the judging crew properly lubricated while you are preparing the food. For that reason, I’m going to try something new this year. While the teams can only have 3 preparers, I will allow you one extra person to help with the influencing of judges via libations while you toil away in the kitchen. One of the cook crew must serve the dish and describe what we are judging; the extra person cannot do this.

Judges shall not discuss what specific scores you are giving, however it is ok to discuss the foods or plates nuances or something that really stands out. But the scoring shall be kept private!

We still have space for 1 judge, so first to hit me up for it in the Springs gets it.

Now get those menus planed and try to get entered for next year’s Championship of Champions

Well it’s finally Rubithon week! I will no longer be accepting online registrations to the event. You are more than welcome to still come join us and register at the event. You will have to be a current TLCA member, but we can take care of that in the Springs as well. To save time in this process, you can still go to the print version of the registration and bring it in with you. You can find the registration form here: http://www.rubithon.com/registration/pdf/29th-Registration-Form.pdf

Please don’t make any payments via PayPal, as I cannot see this in the Springs. You will need to pay in cash or check. No credit cards accepted in the Springs.

Almost everything is all packed up and we hit the trail on Tuesday morning. We will monitor Rubi from about 9am until 9 or 10 pm Tuesday through Saturday.

One bit of news that has changed, I have been advised the correct path through the area where the deep water and mud was an issue just pass the Miller Creek crossing near the Springs, is to take the right line when coming from Tahoma. The others have been taped off. Please respect this. Mark and Maria did a ton of work to make the route passable to ensure we have a successful event. Please let them know how much you appreciate it!

I again want to thank everyone that has helped us get everything in to the Spring’s this year. If it wasn’t for your efforts Rubithon would be a mess this year!

Safe travels and don’t be in rush. Enjoy the time on the trail and don’t be “that guy!”

Eric

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet. We like to feature one of our participants rigs on the backs of our T-shirts.

If you would like a chance to be featured on next years T-shirt, take a picture of a good action shot or a beautiful background shot of your rig in action. Email it to chairman@rubithon.com and even if you don't make the T-shirt, we will post it here on our Rubithon page.

Keep in mind, be on the trail and be representing TLCA in a good light!

Thanks for everything and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this week. Now off to finish loading up and hopefully getting to bed early...... RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to Ross Woody and team for this Rock Chef win. Going to be amazing next year with the 5 previous winners meet to compete next year at the 30th!

I will be placing the final order for shirts and hoodies for this year’s event on Monday morning. If you are interested in getting any more, please let me know before noon on Sunday. Must pay prior to order.

Thanks and sorry for the delay getting them ordered. Got back to a busy fire season!

Email to Chairman@rubithon.com

Thanks again!

Eric

I will be placing the final order for shirts and hoodies for this year’s event on Monday morning. If you are interested in getting any more, please let me know before noon on Sunday. Must pay prior to order.

Thanks and sorry for the delay getting them ordered. Got back to a busy fire season!

Email to Chairman@rubithon.com

Thanks again!

Eric

Just an update. Shirts ordered after the cut off or at the event have been shipped out. There was a mistake and not enough XL or Mediums came in and they have been ordered and should ship out within 3 weeks. Sorry for the delay!

I thought I had already posted this, but I don't see it now. Congrats to Ross Woody and his teamates Tina Woody, Tom Boyd and server Courtney Gatton that made up Team TLCA (Tom, the Ladies and the Certified A..) on their winning this years Rock chef!

I can hardly wait until next year to see all the past champions battle it out for the Championship of Champions!

IMG_4179.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom