Rock Chef Gold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
This summer, once again Rock Chef, sponsored by Metal Tech, will putting pots and pans in 4Lo and head up to the mountains.

This year to celebrate Rubithon’s 30th anniversary, we’re turning the heat to 11...

Past Rock Chefs will compete for Sierra Gold: Rock Chef Champion of Champions. Past winners will come together to see who is the better cook. Will Ross Woody be finally able to beat Pablo and Mr. Lee? Will Broc muscle his way to a win? This and other questions will be laid to rest this summer.

The competition will take place on Friday June 23rd at 6:30 pm. Participants have 90 minutes to come up with two savory dishes, plus one dessert and a beverage/cocktail that pairs well with one of the dishes. The secret ingredient will be provided by me at the springs at the event. It will remain a secret until then. In order to make it fair for the teams, the secret ingredient is something that will work with pretty much anything. Think about your recipes, worry about the secret ingredient onsite.

There will be a panel of 4 judges, plus Eric Agee, the Rubithon Chairman. The rules are pretty much the same as last year. Each entry will be judged in 3 categories. The categories for the food and drink are: Taste, Presentation, & Originality. Taste and creativeness will have a scale of 1 to 5 points. While presentation will max out at 3 points. The winning team will be the one who is able to score the greater amount of points.

Like before, each team will have its own name and maximum of 3 members. There will be a maximum of 5 teams. Each team must provide all their ingredients, plus all their cooking equipment. Each team will bring their own setup (Cooking table, stove, grill, cookware, lights, ETC). Plus 7" dessert plates, used to serve their creations to the judges.

There will be a $20 signup fee per judge and per team. All teams must sign up by May 30th and fees are due on on the morning of the event. The winning team gets to keep 100% of the signup fees. In the event of a draw, the prize will be divided evenly between the winning teams. A simple toss of a coin will define who gets the prize. Judges are responsible for their own silverware.

So, past winners please PM me with your team's name and members. If you know someone who should be a judge, PM me and tell me why, just because she's your wife or girlfriend, mom, ex, ETC, ETC does not qualify. I want a story to tell the day of the event. Judges will be chosen from your replies and the available pool of people the day of the event.

Metal Tech is sponsoring the event. They will be providing very nice Metal Tech Rock Chef aprons. May the best team win.

Broc and Bryan are in! My 11 year old daughter (my oldest of 3 girls) will be co-chef this year!

Things are going well with Rubithon prep. Just a reminder you only have 4 more days to get included in the drawing for an extra Grand Prize Raffle ticket for the month of March.

REGISTRATION – Rubithon

I have not been able to post them yet, but from the looks of the raffle donations received already, this is looking to be a banner year!

Safe wheelin!

Eric

Congrats to Bruce Shoff! He is the winner for the extra Grand Prize Raffle Ticket for the month of March.

What are just a few of the items in that exclusive raffle you ask…

A Stihl chainsaw, a Powertank and a set of Toyo tires.

Now get your registrations in. Here’s the link: REGISTRATION – Rubithon

You have 42 more days to get your registrations in before the $25 late fee starts, so get it done and get those Toyota’s ready for some great summer action at this year’s 30th Annual Rubithon!!!!!

I'm in with Mr. Lee, still waiting on confirmation of our third member....
so drinks are mandatory now? it used to be an additional item used for judge bribing influencing, in the past...hmm.....this really is gold level.

TLCA is in (Tom, the Lady, and the Certified A-hole). I know Phil is in. Looking forward to the best (and maybe last?) Rock Chef.

PS - I'm not sure how many times Pablo and Mr Lee cooked for Sand Chef, but I thought Pablo won once, and I know we won twice. The key ingredient has been my wife. I sure can't win on my own ;)

We have received notice that after June 1st, the price for AirMedCare Network “AMCN”, formally CalStar, will be going up even for plan memberships. The new price will be $65 for the entire household. The price for those not a part of Rubithon’s Group will be going up to $85.

Please feel free to offer this application to your family and friends as well.

Another item that AMCN advised Rubithon of is that after this year’s event, they will not allow us to send in a check to cover all the participants that signed up for the event. They have advised us that AMCN is now requiring each individual pay for themselves for the household coverage. This means that we will have to change the way we offer registrations for next year, but no need to worry about that for now.

I am attaching the PDF that has the application to it. If you have any issues, feel free to email me at chairman@rubithon.com and I can email you the PDF directly.

Thanks for your understanding,

Eric Agee

Rubithon Chairman

Attachments

• AMCN_Rubithon app 2016.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 178
Congrats to Andrew Pollock! He is the winner for the extra Grand Prize Raffle Ticket for the month of April.

Now get your registrations in. Here’s the link: REGISTRATION – Rubithon

You have 12 more days to get your registrations in before the $25 late fee starts. After that you shirts will be mailed after the event. So get those registrations and get those Toyota’s ready for some great summer action at this year’s 30th Annual Rubithon!!!!!

It is with regret that I have to inform that the Metal Tech 4x4 Run has had to be cancelled due to some unforeseen issues. I’d like to thank Mark Hawley for being willing to put this together and hope that we can make it happen again in the future.

That being said, in true TLCA member fashion, one of the other runs, led by Steve Prior, has offered to take those people on to their run. Steve, I know you are already doing a ton for the event, and I can’t thank you enough!

My apologies to the guys we had to move, but thank you for your graciousness and understanding in the change.

The good news is Mark is still sending out all the Rock Chef swag for this year’s Championship of Champions. Thank you sir!

Remember 12 more days to avoid the late fee and having to have your shirts mailed to you.

Eric

Preston and Charissa Hoyt will be competing this year. Tyler from Total Metal Innovations will not be able to come so we're having our oldest son Bailey be our third member. I'll get a team name figured out and let you know. Good luck to the other teams. Any news on the secret ingredient yet? Cheers, Preston.

Alvaro

In my never humble opinion, I think the best dishes were created when the chefs had more than a day to plan their dishes to incorporate the secret ingredient. Please make sure that it’s something that your teams and judges know what it tastes like so that it is actually featured in the dish.

If all 5 teams agree, could we get the ingredient on Sunday? There are several dishes that don’t work for just any secret ingredient, and there are some dishes that are perfect for that ingredient

Today is your last chance to get your registration in for the 30th Annual Rubithon. Registrations must be received before midnight!

You can sign up after this and even at the event if need be, but your shirts will be mailed after the event and late fees will not be waived.

Weather is not going to be a factor this year. People have already made it into the Springs and the Tahoe side is clearing nicely. I will have a full report from the Tahoe side after Memorial Day.

Here is the link for registration: https://rubithon.com/registration/

Feel free to send me an email or give me a call with any questions.

Thanks and see everyone in just over a month from now!

Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800

Well my mistake is your gain. The late fees will still begin on May 15th, but you can still get your shirts at the event as long as you are registered by May 20th.

Again, you can still register after that, but your shirts will be mailed to you after the event.

My apologies for any confusion but enjoy the few extra days while still being able to score your shirts and hoodies at the event!

Thanks and see everyone in just over a month from now!

Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800

Today is the last day to get your registrations in to have your shirts ready for you at the event. After today, shirts and hoodies will be mailed after the event.

Feel free to send me an email or give me a call with any questions.

Thanks and see everyone in less than a month!

Eric Agee
Rubithon Chairman
530-401-0800

Congrats to our June winner of an extra grand prize raffle ticket, Steven Pryor. I don’t know how so many wagon guys won this year. I think they may have stock in google random number generator!

See you guys in just over a week!

The online registration for Rubithon is now closed. You can still join us in the Springs and we will get you signed up there. We have limited meals left, so don’t wait until Saturday if you need more food. Also, you can get more shirts and other items, but they will be mailed out to you after the event.

Please do not send any more payments via credit card or PayPal. Since I cannot see that in the Springs, I will need you to pay for it there. If you do so, you will still need to pay for it, and I will refund your payment upon our return on June 25th.

When you arrive at the Springs, please come by the registration booth to get your items after setting up your camp. If you are a renegade run, that is where we will have you sign the insurance forms (all people must sign!) and will pick up your shirts. That is also where you will get your registration packets that have your meals, grand prize raffle tickets, kids raffle tickets, dash plaques, camping sticker and a special extra gift this year.

If you see someone in camp that does not have the camp sticker, please let us know. We want to make sure all are signed up, and if not, make it right. I depend on your help to make sure no one is taking advantage of our clubs other members.

Remember that we only accept cash and checks in the Springs. Don’t count on using credit cards!

Please be patient with each other as we will have a lot of rigs on the trail. That equates to potential for a lot of breakages. If you do break, please do all that you can to clear the trail. We have people that will help you, but don’t be THAT GUY! Also, camping is going to be packed. Remember that we are all here together, so be considerate of those around you. We will be tight!

I will not be reachable other than ham radio after Monday night. So don’t wait if you have a question.

Safe travels and remember to have a blast. See you all in the Springs next week!
Eric
530-401-0800

If you lost an Iphone on the trail, contact me with the unlock code and I will send it to you. Found near Miller Lake.

Thanks,
Eric
530-401-0800
chairman@rubithon.com

lost Iphone.jpg

Hello all, back from Rubithon and the clean-up / wrap-up begins. If you have any pictures you would like considered for the Toyota Trails article, please send to chairman@rubithon.com preferably via dropbox if there are many. I will need to receive them by July 10th to submit for the magazine. Please include who took them and a small caption would be helpful.

If you have other pictures and would like them shared on Facebook please also send and just let me know, just for Facebook.

Additionally, I was able to get the T-shirt company to wait until Monday morning for our final order. If you would like any additional T-shirts or hoodies, I will need an email from you to chairman@rubithon.com stating what you want. Please send payment via PayPal to chairman@rubithon.com I will not be accepting any orders after 8pm on Sunday.

The cost is as follows, all T-shirts are $20 and Hoodies are $40. Shipping of less than 5 shirts or 2 hoodies is $10 and if more than that it is $15.

Thanks again to all the committee people that helped to make the event such a success and hope that all participants had a great time. See you next year!

Eric Agee

I was contacted by someone that helped one of the Rubithon participants, possibly named Pete. He let one of you borrow a hi-lift jack. If it was you please contact me at 530-401-0800 so we can see about getting his jack back to him.

Below is from his email. I am not posting his phone number here, but will share wtih you if you have his jack. Lets get this back thi him ASAP please!

"I just spoke to you on the phone about the lost high lift. The guy was driving a green/ olive colored older land cruiser. He broke all the passenger side high steer arm studs coming down the hill before soup bowl on Friday, June 22nd probably around noon. I let him borrow my high lift and he said he was camping at Buck. I never found him. I was told his name was Pete but I don’t know for sure. My name is Zack Gallivan..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom