RIP Tundra.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Some of you may have seen my post on Facebook about the wreck I was in. I took a hell of a hit but I'm ok. Someone hit me in the rear doing about 45-50 without braking in a full sized GMC Truck which pushed me into the car in front of me and into the guardrail. 5 cars including the drivers car involved. The Tundra is totaled sitting at Blue Line Towing on 17....since he was underinsured im pretty much getting paid by my insurance company. They gave me a preliminary number that's sounds very fair so I don't have any complaints, but I think I can still squeeze a little bit more out of them.

Just a reminder to please pay attention while driving for all I know this guy was texting or browsing the web.....On the bright side another Tundra will be in the works fairly soon. Will keep y'all updated.

IMG_0785.JPG

How are you feeling? Sounds like you walked away without incident. The safety on these things is what initially got me in to Toyotas in the first place.

Happened last Tuesday, was sore for a couple days and had an abrasion on my forehead from the airbag. If I would have been in a smaller car, I might not be posting this.

Sorry to hear, Matt.
Glad you're ok. Make sure you get checked out, sometimes things can show later.
Hold out a little on your insurance, that's what you pay for.
Check the underinsured premium on your insurance...mine's almost triple uninsured.
SC needs to update their min. They're about 20 years behind.
Although, mine might not cover 5 cars plus medical bills at $300,000

Wow-zer! Glad you are still walking ! A SMART car would have been a BAD idea. GWS

That rear end looks pretty impressive for a 45-50mph impact by a full size truck! I love my Tundra...best truck I've ever owned.

Makes me wanna buy a Tundra. Glad you're ok buddy.

That rear end looks pretty impressive for a 45-50mph impact by a full size truck! I love my Tundra...best truck I've ever owned.

It may have been more than that....I dont know....The bumper is actually pushed up underneath the truck. It did good all around. The cabs were untouched.

Amazing and glad to hear how well you fared....how about everybody else involved? Amazed at how much more apparent damage to your front than to your rear! Hope you step up to something you like even more!

Ouch. Glad you are relatively unscathed. Several years ago a friend of mine was stopped on a 2 lane hwy in his 1 month old Tundra and was hit by a teen texting at about 55mph. They rebuilt his Tundra from the ground up. Had to wait a couple months for a frame to be shipped in to start over with! Could not believe they didn't total it but they said it was so new they would do that instead.

I've been rear ended once. I was in a Porsche stopped at a light and an F250 hit me at about 20mph. That was a helluva lick. I doubted the veracity of people's descriptions of whiplash until the day after that wreck. The day of the wreck I was good to go (adrenaline) but the next day felt like that F250 was a CSX locomotive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom