Reverse light stuck on (wont shift to third) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after some searching I've seen this issue mentioned but never solved (just threads that never update)

rear end of the truck has significant rust and snow and rain have gotten into the rear panels to effect the wiring.

first the rear wiper and upper brake light were stuck on so I unplugged the wiring to the rear hatch

now the reverse indicator on dash lights up even though truck is in drive. had to slow way down as rpm's went to 4 grand. come to a stop and trans wont shift down to 1st. stuck in 2nd. no bad fluid smells or anything.

obviously something is wet. the rear harness somewhere. anyone experienced something similar?

You have a ton of Gremlins

Im going to try to see this thread till the end so next guy up can solve their issues.

cleaned off a bunch of crud (rust hole in the quarter panels have exposed them to road debris) from the electrical connections inside the drivers quarter and let the truck "rest" for a day. went to start it up and the reverse light was not lit up and I let the engine come to temp (its pretty cold out) went back after 5 mins and the reverse light was back on.

Next step is inspect/clean all the rear harness connectors (upper hatch, rear combo lights, trailer hookup)

Inspect, clean, repair the NSS grey barrel connector located very close to the PHH. This should solve your shifting issues possibly your reverse light issue as well. On a 94 had both similar issues and repairing the barrel connector fixed both problems (shifting and reverse lights).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom