Retro decals, emblems and ideas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cut my teeth on the 60 series. When they were still affordable and seemingly a dime a dozen, I owned many of them. It was an early obsession which my wife fortunately shared with me. We’ve had our fair share of 80s, but always preferred the 60. In my mind the 80 was a departure from the classic styling of the 60, however carried its own rugged beauty. In those years, the 100 was in my mind, a return and throw back to the 60 (though it’s not too far from the 60 in age). Maybe more accurately, a progression or evolution from 60s styling, yet with a model or two missing between the two. When we bought our first 100, it became abundantly clear, the 100 is most definitely a Land Cruiser with all of the proper DNA passed down, hold the cumbersome sluggishness of the 60 and 80….the 100, in my mind is the pinnacle.

Having said this, I would like to enhance the appearance of my 100, blending retro Toyota styling from the 1970s and 1980s while giving a nod to the 60 series. To achieve this, decals and emblems are the obvious solution (other ideas are not immediately clear to me😁). The “LandCruiser” emblems from the 60 on the rear quarters, maybe front fender vents (it may look horrible due the the way the fenders flare). Possibly even chrome trim at the bottom of the window frames, likely not though. As far as decals, I wouldn’t even know where to start. If anyone has ideas or knows where to source custom decals, please help. I believe this would be a fun and valuable topic. Thanks!

20231110_100956.jpeg

Ooooh...a full paint job! That's fabulous and please share when it's finished.

As for decals, I've seen 80 series rear hatch emblems on the 100 and I thought it looked pretty good. Maybe do "Land Cruiser" emblems on the d pillar like the heritage edition 200's.

Only decals I've seen on the 100 are the Middle East spec/style graphics down the sides. Not sure what other decals/emblems you're looking for. I've seen the 40 series 4wd badge on other trucks or the heritage emblems on other trucks, up to the owner and their preference.

Ooooh...a full paint job! That's fabulous and please share when it's finished.

As for decals, I've seen 80 series rear hatch emblems on the 100 and I thought it looked pretty good. Maybe do "Land Cruiser" emblems on the d pillar like the heritage edition 200's.
I do like the heritage emblems on the 200 for sure, however the D pillar, in my mind is a bit to small to carry an emblem. I’m leaning towards the location where the 60s carry theirs, but possibly an older emblem instead. On the rear, the same concept, yet I’m not sure which emblems or where to place them.

And, I will definitely keep this thread updated as to the progress and development 😁

IMG_1297.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

Last edited:
Only decals I've seen on the 100 are the Middle East spec/style graphics down the sides. Not sure what other decals/emblems you're looking for. I've seen the 40 series 4wd badge on other trucks or the heritage emblems on other trucks, up to the owner and their preference.
Yeah, that is the tough part about decals, there has not been much development. I do like the middle eastern decals, but I’m not too interested in going that direction. I like the retro style of this one, however the angles and lines clash with the 100, not to mention it doesn’t look good on silver.

IMG_1300.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom