replacing wire to injector pump solenoid on 1hz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
mine doesn't have the protective boot over the solenoid, but I have a part to replace the wire and the boot if I can work out how to release the pin for the existing one out of the connector body. Has anyone done this?

the part is toyota 22751-17470.

It's probably a trivial issue but I'm never a fan of 'loose ends' that aren't fully correct.

I think I might have a Wits End connector pin tool around somewhere.

Without knowing exactly which connector it uses, see below

Most the Toyota connectors have a white (or coloured) retainer. Gently pull it out with a hook pick or needle nose pliers.
Then use fine wire harness pick to lever/push the grey tab AWAY from the terminal, then gently pull the wire out.

At this age, chances are the connector will break. Or the retaining tab will break, or you'll damage the terminal (doesn't matter when you have the replacement cable with terminal

Might be a good idea to undo the connector, find the 5 digit Toyota part number molded into the part, and see if you can find a replacement.
I had to use the camera on my smart phone to read some recently. Snap a pic, and zoom in on the pic.

For Toyota, add 90980-##### to the 5 digit connector number.

If you can't find it in partsouq, try Ballenger Motorsports in the USA for OEM manufacturer parts.
Enter 5 digit connector number into their search bar.
If they have it, it will be a few dollars, then USD$30-ish shipping 🤨

Screenshot_20230621_145935_Brave.jpg

Pic of random Toyota 1 way connector, from Ballenger website

I ended up deciding to not replace the wire, and was able to pull the new wire out of the boot with silcone spray applied for assistance, and get the new boot over the ring terminal of the existing wire basically in reverse. Difficult only because of the location and how much stuff is around it, but now the new boot covers the fuel solenoid and the terminal of the existing wire.

Kinda sneaky solution but now the top terminal of the solenoid has some protection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom