replacement exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 40th anniversary edition I purchased from the Denver area a few years ago. I live in the Dallas area and the exhaust has a small leak and is pretty rusty. I'd like to replace it up to the manifold. I have heard if this is not done properly (location of oxygen sensor) your OBD will start throwing codes. Can anyone recommend a competent shop in the area who'd know how to do this properly? Also, can anyone recommend some cost effective PN's for aftermarket mufflers and cats? I've hear Magna flow makes components that can work and are much cheaper than OEM.

I have a 40th anniversary edition I purchased from the Denver area a few years ago. I live in the Dallas area and the exhaust has a small leak and is pretty rusty. I'd like to replace it up to the manifold. I have heard if this is not done properly (location of oxygen sensor) your OBD will start throwing codes. Can anyone recommend a competent shop in the area who'd know how to do this properly? Also, can anyone recommend some cost effective PN's for aftermarket mufflers and cats? I've hear Magna flow makes components that can work and are much cheaper than OEM.

If you don't have a fake hand, you can order the parts and do it yourself easily.

Magnaflow y-pipe: 23120 ($500 - Amazon or big box auto parts stores)
Borla cat-back: 14590 ($800 - Summit Racing)
Bosal cat-back: Muffler 228-241 ($240 - Summit) Tail pipe 228-243 ($150 - Summit)
OTRAMM - best choice but $1795

I have the magnaflow y pipe and @OTRAMM 's cat back and it's awesome. No codes thrown, goes over the frame and quiet.

Did you install that setup on your own? That price does not include O2 sensors, gaskets and bolts, correct?

Did you install that setup on your own? That price does not include O2 sensors, gaskets and bolts, correct?

It does not and you have to buy the magnaflow y pipe as well. Both pieces are completely bolt on though so if you're somewhat handy with tools you should be able to save the cost of having it installed.

I've also been in the market for a replacement up to the manifold. I went to BTB products a week ago in Las Vegas, Nevada, and I told them what I was looking for. They told me they are developing a Header back system for the 80 series and they will be finished soon. I would give them a call and see if they can ship when its ready (pretty sure they do). Good shop with nice people.

Thank you very much. I’m not in a hurry, but had a long road trip up to Arkansas and heard the leak. I was just about to get sliders so I may go the budget route...

I did most of mine myself. Had to get a piece made to connect Magnaflow y-pipe to '94 exhaust. Then OE muffler and Walker tail pipe. Walker muffler went out in less than a year. Found a mint original muffler and put that back on.

Bolts and gaskets are no big deal. I used Mahle gaskets and stainless hardware

Also check your exhaust hangers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom