Replacement Antenna mast does not fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With the 1997 80 series I recently purchased, the PO was nice enough to include an antenna mast he did not install. New in package Aerpro AP255. I opened the antenna motor, and removed the old cable, and tried to insert the new one as stated in previous threads. However, I still had a whole bunch of antenna left outside the fender, and extra nylon cord. I tried to put the mast all the way up and all the way down, radio on, and radio off. Still the same results.

When looking at the new mast, the sleeve that fits in the motor tube looks too big. So, even if I did get it to retract, I'm not sure if the antenna would go all the way in.

Here are the specs from the new Aerpro Antenna:
extends to 130 cm
retracted length: 270 mm
mast diameter: 9mm
sleeve diameter: 11.5 mm
sleeve length: 89 mm
Nylon bush diameter: 11.5 mm

I have double checked the antenna motor, and it is the correct part for the 1997 cruiser. Am I trying to use the wrong part (antenna mast)? How long should the nylon cord be? How big is the OE sleeve?

Probably the one for the old style mast. Forget when they changed, but get one that's for the 97 specifically and you'll be good. The PO probably got the wrng part and ended up confused, but didn't have MUD to rely on...

That's the conclusion I thought would be most likely. Thanks for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom