Repainting 80 Bumper... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning on painting the front bumper until I can pick up an ARB replacement. Does anyone have any idea on what paint/grey color I should use that would resemble the original finish? Thanks!

A paints store should be able to match it, but it would be $s. You're polishing a turd anyway:hillbilly:, find something close and call it good.:meh:

Did my windows of my wheels with it also.
SRMetBknSpL.jpg

Duplicolor Graphite color rattle can wheel paint (O'Reilly's) looks to be a close match, Edit: I used it on my plastic wheel caps. Someone else painted his entire wheel with it.

Last edited:
Is this the same graphite color for the grill and can it be used on the bumper end caps?

Don't paint it ... and move on. If your replacing it with ARB, take the money and put it towards that. Take the time and spend it with your kids, go hike, sleep, eat, whatever ...

My useless 2 cents.

Cheers

Rustolium black semi gloss, buy a case, paint everything:) I did anyway...What color is your truck?

Have to agree with the others...if it's only a temp fix, forget about it.

But if you want to properly fix it, the DuPont ChromaBase color code is: UCAA3 which is labeled as "GRAY-Effect" for my '97. If you're going to spray the end caps as well, you'll also need to pick up some 2350S which is the DuPont Flexible Additive ($$$) without which, the paint will peel off the plastic parts eventually.

Note that this is for a '97. Toyota used a zillion shades of gray metallic paint on their bumpers, etc., so it may not be the perfect match is yours is not a '97.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom