Remove passenger side second row seat and mount an ARB 50 qt fridge? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is room there for it to fit longitudinally, has anyone built a very low mid-row shelf just for that side of the truck?

I need to be able to carry one adult in back sometimes and two dogs many times, so a full width is not useful.

I found this system for the 100 but I have not yet found a mid shelf for a 200. I am OK with making my own if required. .... Something like this but on the street side of the 200 would be perfect.

7997AF76-8C97-499D-A16F-6E7FB28EFFA6.jpeg

Mid Unit | Fourby Fitouts | Campervan Fit Out | 4wd Drawer Storage Systems

Any issues removing the lower two brackets?

The shelf needs to be bolted down with tiedown rings or aircraft rails so I can secure the fridge.

Any links or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Just curious why do you want the fridge up on a shelf, I have mine just on the floor. I take out my entire back seat when I am traveling and camping and have my fridge right behind the drivers seat as well as a storage box built around it.

When I am home I stick my back seat in so I can deal with passengers and business BS.....

Last edited:
There is room there for it to fit longitudinally, has anyone built a very low mid-row shelf just for that side of the truck?

I need to be able to carry one adult in back sometimes and two dogs many times, so a full width is not useful.

I found this system for the 100 but I have not yet found a mid shelf for a 200. I am OK with making my own if required. .... Something like this but on the street side of the 200 would be perfect.

View attachment 1701500

Mid Unit | Fourby Fitouts | Campervan Fit Out | 4wd Drawer Storage Systems

Any issues removing the lower two brackets?

The shelf needs to be bolted down with tiedown rings or aircraft rails so I can secure the fridge.

Any links or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Tying to the floor was a puzzle to me for a time, but I landed on a solution that works well and requires no platform.

You can tie it down much more simply if you use the existing seat bolts and use them to secure a length of chain between the two bolts on teh side you intend to mount the fridge on. This gives you the ability to tie to any point between the two bolts using any link in the chain. In the rear you can use the seat anchor to secure the back. I do this with my National Luna 60L Twin.

My NL 60L Twin fits longitudinally behind the passenger seat, despite being 21 inches tall.

By mounting it on the floor, you'll also give yourself more room to open the ARB's lid that unfortunately hinges on short end, so the lid pops up pretty high. If I were you I'd want it as low as possible.

Thanks for the comments, I like the idea of a flat platform, but if the fridge fits OK on the floor, and I can strap it down, that is even better..... it saves extra labor.

Pictures are welcome, please post some.

John Davies
Spokane WA

yeah I leveled mine using a lazy mans method. Not difficult to do....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom