Remote Start Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Mudders. I am new to the club and have received tons of great info from everyone. I have an issue the wiring on the viper remote start in my LX450 that was on the truck when I bought it. The viper replaced the factory RS anti-theft. The viper works great and install looks clean and intact except that when it was wired it bypassed the driver door switch somehow. Let me explain. When I open the driver door the dome light and the DS courtesy light do not light up, nor does the open door light on the dash light up. When the DS is open and I open the PS door the courtesy light on both doors, the dome, and the dash all light up telling me a door is open. I have eliminated the DS switch as an issue. When I have the DS door open and place the key in the ignition the warning tone is active. When I depress the DS switch the tone goes out as it should. I have very little electrical knowledge and I am new to the 80 series so any thoughts are appreciated. I have read through all of the Remote start and alarm installs and could not find anything that we help me. My guess is that possibly the DS door wire was tapped improperly? I would appreciated any help.

Sounds like it has nothing to do with the alarm. All 4 door lights come on when you open any door. Something besides the door open switch is faulty and I really don't think it's the alarm. Roll driver door window down, arm the alarm. Once it's armed open the driver door and see if alarm goes off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom