Remolded Tires - Any opinion on that ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ridgerunner said:
I'd be willing to bet the treads you see on the highway are remnants of older processes that involve semi tires...

hold that bet, alot of the long treads pieces you see on the roadways can be new tires as well. separation of tread from carcass is brought on by heat i:e; the tire was run low for quite a while at those speeds. it happens alot on 18 wheelers for a couple reasons, when i tire goes low the other tire on the dual is taking that much more weight, w/o on board air management the driver doesnt know unless he happens to stop and check the tires before a blowout occurs. and the other reason is semis put just a couple more miles on the road than regular commuters so its just odds.

Anyone know of a biz that is making them in 33 X 9.5 X 15 ??

i'v been runing a set of recaps on my 75 3/4 ton 4x4 chev for a long time now, and hauled alot of rigs and some nasty loads of sand and rock. no signs of them coming apart yet. i always check the air presure for highway use, the heat is the main concern of failure

OK... thank you all for your opinion.

Bye

Oh, dumb question:

If you orer a set of 4, do the sidewalls match? (like, same previous brand of tire?)

beaufort-fj60 said:
are there paved roads in Guatemala?

We get both! This is one of our "on ramps"!! Note the yield sign on the right!

Last edited:
cabron said:
Anyone know of a biz that is making them in 33 X 9.5 X 15 ??

I sent querries to all the retread manufacturers on a Google search and all the ones that replied said "no" because the carcases were too scarce to invest in the tool work. BummBer.

Ed

In my quest for tall skinnies, I have decided to just go with the AT KO's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom