Remflex Exhaust Gaskets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the 2F gaskets hold up with headers installed?

Another question to piggy-back off of this one; will the heat riser gasket be OK to use with a fluid heat riser or should I just use RTV?

Any thoughts on making a manifold gasket for the 3FE? Not sure if there would be as much interest... but if material can be trimmed to open up around the ports a bit, I'd be interested.

Or, is the material available as a blank and workable with simple tools (like a razor knife)?

:cheers:
Curtis

Curtis,
I considered making them for the 3f-e but concluded there would not be enough of a market. That said, I know a lot of people are using 3f exhaust manifolds on the F/2F and that may may make it worth it. If you would like a single custom gasket I would be more than happy to help. The easiest way would be cut a template and use that as a pattern. Or, as you suggested, the material cuts easily so you could just cut a stock 3fe remflex gasket the way you want it. PM me if you're interested and we can get something going.

Another question to piggy-back off of this one; will the heat riser gasket be OK to use with a fluid heat riser or should I just use RTV?

I'm not entirely sure. I can't imagine that the fluid would have any affect on the graphite but I will confirm with Remflex. I'll send you a riser gasket if you're willing to try it out for me.

Thanks,
David

Curtis,
I considered making them for the 3f-e but concluded there would not be enough of a market. That said, I know a lot of people are using 3f exhaust manifolds on the F/2F and that may may make it worth it. If you would like a single custom gasket I would be more than happy to help. The easiest way would be cut a template and use that as a pattern. Or, as you suggested, the material cuts easily so you could just cut a stock 3fe remflex gasket the way you want it. PM me if you're interested and we can get something going.

Thanks,
David

Thanks for that. After another look, I think the OEM gasket will likely work fine, but I'll keep it in mind once I start playing around with the manifold/head interface.

H engine gaskets now available. Send a PM if interested.

David

I have been working with Remflex to include all of the gaskets needed in the 2F complete manifold kit. The kit now includes (2) riser gaskets to accommodate the riser flap, the EGR "J Pipe" gasket, the manifold gasket, and the early style intake to exhaust gasket. This should cover all the bases minus the EGR inlet gasket at the intake manifold.

I'd like to thank everyone who has purchased from me as you have all been great customers. I especially appreciate the patience some of you have shown when I run out of stock or the one time I mixed up two orders. I do this on the side to help make these gaskets more reasonable for everyone and just wanted to say that we really have a good crew on MUD.

David

(edit) I've been here since my 03 and finally reached my 1000th post. A great opportunity to offer up a thanks to Woody and the whole MUD crew.

Made some changes to the website and made the move to a secure "store". This should streamline the process a bit and move me away from Paypal dependency :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I/E Manifold gasket and EGR pipe gasket worked PERFECTLY. No more exhaust leak. HOWEVER, the heatriser gaskets are ill suited for their task if retaining the exhaust manifold. Their extra thickness mis-aligns the bolt flanges to an extent that the combo is rendered unmountable. (the half circle flanges from the intake and the half circle flanges from the exhaust that, together, create the mounting point no longer would match up as the exhaust manifold was effectively almost a quarter inch lower than it was originally, which also means the exhaust ports would no longer be aligned to the exhaust manifold properly .)

Last edited:
any word on the 3fe intake/exhaust gasket?

any word on the 3fe intake/exhaust gasket?

I never pursued making them as there did not seem to be any market for them. There was another member on MUD some time back who had some made and was selling his left overs.

If there is enough interest I would be more than happy to have some made and keep them in stock. The 3f-e manifolds on a 2F are a very nice option.

best,

David

Can I get another set for the H diesel? I need to pull the head and want to have a spare set in case I damage them taking everything apart.

Of course. I'll work up an invoice tomorrow and contact you.

Thank you very much,

David

I'm heading to the Round-up next week and will be gone for a week so if you need a gasket order it ASAP. If you plan on being in Texas let me know and I can bring the gaskets with me.

David

Just ordered on for my 2F for my resto-mod. look forward to getting it installed.

I was all over these when Georg pulled them out for the raffle at the 45 Run, But didnt win. If anyone out there has not installed one of these and your still having problems with exaust leaks there's no excuse. I got one of these 3 years ago for the 45LWB 1F MAF header and since that time the Cruisers been to Iowa and back, several runs total over 8000 miles and still no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom