Redarc Tow-Pro Elite (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fireball

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings all,

I've been researching information on brake controllers and wiring for my BJ74. A few threads have some fairly complicated setups with relays and such. Looking online, it appears the Redarc Tow-Pro elite may be the answer to our 24V to 12V complications!

Tow-Pro Elite Electric Brake Controller

Has anyone successfully installed and used this in their 24V truck?

Thanks!
Ben

Have not used it but the fact it can take 24v input from your vehicle and then control a 12v brake system on your trailer sounds perfect !

I guess you still need to figure something out for the 6 other pins though....

Or ensure all trailer lights are 24V?

I have one almost installed along with a logic circuit outlined here:
Trailer Lights Logic Circuit & Step Down Voltage Converter

Unfortunately, I can't speak to successful install and use because I never hooked it up to 24v brake light input from the truck and don't pull our camping trailer with it anymore.

You've reminded me that I need to finish the job and ensure that it works though! Thanks;)

It’s looks like you can mix/match voltage as mentioned above, I’d ask redarc customer care to clarify. Worst case, use 24v bulb in the trailer.

I guess you still need to figure something out for the 6 other pins though....

Or ensure all trailer lights are 24V?

Use quality led lights on the trailer, most of those have a range from 6 to 32 volt I believe.

In Europe they sell converters special for trailer setups, I find them in some of the cruisers I import, it is just one converter that controls all your basic lights but there is no option for the brake controller so with 2 converters you should be able to pull any 12v trailer now.

Use quality led lights on the trailer, most of those have a range from 6 to 32 volt I believe.

This has been my experience as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom