Recos on super Quiet Tires for road trips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a noob here. Just purchased a '13 Sequoia Ltd with oem 20" wheels and will be putting new tires on. Maybe through luck or something else, last year i put 4 new Kumho Ergun HT51's on my 4th generation 2wd 4Runner with good results. The previous Bridgestone Duelers and Michelin something-other didn't impress - the Duelers in particular just never would balance right though they tracked really well and lasted longer than my patience. The Erguns manage to grip pretty well and are quieter than what was on there prior. We ran Michelin Premier something on my wifes Lexus RX350 and they never quite balanced and in late life pretty noisy so just put CrossContact LX25 on that one and having balance issues with them. Oddly quiet on roads that it should be noisy on, but noisy on surfaces that look more benign. Jury still out. But the Sequoia is a whole different beast.

in my test drives, one of the 2016 SR5 model Sequoias had brand new Goodyear Wranglers. Those hummed - a mid-low-pitch hum that became noticable around 30mph and continued constantly. annoying - it frankly spooked me as I wondered if it were some driveline noise I was hearing.

What do you say? Michelin LTX MS2? other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom