Recommendations for NLA parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
So this is kind of a random thread, but figured it might help some folks. If you have experience with something that is Non-OE that you would recommend or if you are looking for some recommendations for parts, post up and we can see if we can help each other out.

I'll start.

I'm looking for the bright-work across the front of my 1985 4Runner. Grille, headlight buckets and corner markers. There are a lot on ebay and Amazon, but wondered if anyone might have one you've had good luck with for fitment, finish, etc.

Chrome SR5 is what I'm looking for. My markers and grille have some busted tabs and need replacing.

There is a guy in Yemen that has all kinds of cool stuff and he has a full set of NOS chrome parts, but $900 plus shipping is a little steep for me. Don't get me wrong, it is OEM parts for a nearly 40 year old truck, but im not looking for concourse quality here.

Thanks

Just keep an eye out online. I've tried an eBay grille for an 82 4x4 Toyota and it was not great. Just barely OK. I ended up not using it and fixed the OEM one. If your grille is OK finish-wise, you can fix the tabs and the plastic inserts are still available from Toyota new.

The grill and headlight bezel set from eBay on my 87 fit pretty good considering my rig looked like she took a mean left hook across the jaw at some point, the after market fenders left much to be desired. I'm no body repair tech.

Keep in mind I'm building a pretty modified daily driver/beater and not a restored weekend driver I'm going to take to car shows so my expectations on fitment may not be as great as yours

20220410_200500.jpg

In the last two weeks i have been able to order several parts from partsouq.com which have been no longer available for years. Pays to check once in a while.

does this count:
couldn't find air snorkel w end that goes into rad support for '83 2wd
used to have plastic open "trumpet" suckin in everythin including bugs & crud
looked & looked oem nla
so ordered later snorkel & cut to fit
due to angle had to make bracket to step it down to meet up w metal part so wouldn't pull snout out of opening in support
used section of ribbed plastic was runnin before to bridge the new snout end with existing metal & it works - don't get nasties in air filter housing like before

642CAEDB-AEEB-4439-A376-448C389E4133.jpeg

7AF5F57E-3351-4E30-9116-136C9903AAB4.jpeg

17F16B2A-EDB0-4AA9-9443-455FE33D1305.jpeg

E4CFC1EA-3D2C-4326-A378-62EA5118341B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom