1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation for Auto Shop in NWA

Discussion in 'AR- Razorback Land Cruisers' started by Mudcat3434, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Mudcat3434

Mudcat3434

I am having a hard time finding a trustworthy Auto Repair Shop for my 1991 FJ80 which has had an LS engine conversion. I am having trouble finding a place that 1) doesn't roll their eyes at the thought of having to work on a LC that has had an engine conversion (understandable to an extent) and 2) that seems to be trustworthy and forthright with me. While some will work on it I just get an uncomfortable feeling when I get that reaction and hand it over to them. I wish I had the knowledge and experience to work on it myself but I just do not feel comfortable doing that and even if I did I don't really have the room or equipment to work on it I don't think. Any experienced recommendations would be appreciated.

As for what I need done, there are several small things and a few possibly larger things at the moment.
    - coolant leak from somewhere (recent). I can see where it is dripping but not where it is actually leaking from.
    - passenger seat belt will not lock.
    - transfer case is seeping. Not a bad leak, but something I do want checked out.

That is it for now other than more modifications that I would like to do on the interior. Again thanks in advance for any recommendations.

2. YotaJosh

YotaJosh SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Bohannon 4 Wheel Drive in Bentonville is probably worth a try.

If you don't mind a drive, Bobby at the Cruiser Co. here in Little Rock won't roll his eyes at your LS swap, and Midwest Expedition Outfitters in Tulsa OK knows LS swapped Land Cruisers.

What motor and trans are you running?

3. Mudcat3434

Mudcat3434

Engine is a 05 Chevy 5.3, Transmission is the same 4L60E.

Thanks for the recommendations. I had heard of Bohannons, but wasn't sure if he was still open. Seems last time I looked at him I could hardly find anything on him. I am really looking for up here in NWA so I will have to give him a call if I can find the number. I actually had the conversion done in Little Rock at Mud Connection so that is an option as well, just difficult to arrange with work and all.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  4. Mudcat3434

Mudcat3434

UPDATE - I got ahold of Bohannan and extremely knowledgeable, genuinely interested in just seeing the 80. Thank you for the recommendation. We had a nice talk and I will bring it up to let him look at it sometime next week.

YotaJosh and 74HogGuy like this.