Rear tub options on an 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey Folks,

Gareth from London here.

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a Raptor coat to get TRUCKASAURUS looking more SAURUS and less rust bucket.
Thought I'd do the rear boot tub at the same time too, as there is some surface rust creeping in from botched work before I got her.
Main things I want to accomplish are: waterproof tub and sound deadening.
In case you're wondering why - my son dropped a 5l bottle of water into the rear a few years back, and it was days before it started drying out. My 2nd son will likely do the same!
Will have Arb drawers in the back, on top of whatever I do.
Will use the dry ice trick to get the factory sound deadening off first.

So, thinking options are:
1) clean rust, paint with primer, cover with Dynamat / something similar
2) clean rust, paint with primer, paint with Raptor
3) clean rust, paint with primer, paint with Lizardskin
4) clean rust, paint with primer, do whole cabin with Dynamat/Lizardskin/Raptor
5) clean rust, paint with primer, do whole cabin with Dynamat then cover with Lizardskin/Raptor/Monsta

What have you guys found that works?
Does it really make a difference whether I use Lizardskin/Monstaliner etc vs Raptor in the boot?

Any pointers? This is a family wagon that I want to preserve (190k Miles so far) so not going bogging etc

Thanks in advance!
If there are long threads on this pls point me...
gareth

I just went and sanblasted, epoxy primed, painted, Lizard Skin, and Linexed. I haven't ridden in it yet but I am hoping that will greatly increase the quiet factor. Scrapdaddy is the one that I followed so he might be a good one to reach out for a report card. He recently mentioned that he would have rather gone with Linex as opposed to Monastaliner.

Thanks @xtiaan2000
So linex over the lizardskin?

Lizardskin for insulation & linex for durability/protection?

Yes
Lizard Skin is not to crazy to apply; Four coats- 2 sound deadener and 2 heat ceramic. I had thought of adding dynamat over the trans tunnel, but think i am goinf to shine on that.

Cool thx 👍

@xtiaan2000 stupid question, but one I was asking myself while trying to go to sleep last night ;)
How do you deal with the sand from the sandblaster, after the work is done, before paint?
hand brush then vacuum?

@oneafrikan check out @SNLC builds. There is a wealth on information on interior restoration there.

Thanks 👍👍🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom