Rear Speaker Panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know who is selling rear speaker panels anymore? Tried to contact BTB Product and email bounced and no one answers phone. This would be for 80-81 and may be slightly different than say pre 80 FJ. Surely someone makes these…

FD40C3C5-3A66-4B92-934B-6034E708AD6A.jpeg

That would be super easy to make if you know somebody with a brake.

If you make it out of aluminum you can cut that with just about anything.

Anyone know who is selling rear speaker panels anymore? Tried to contact BTB Product and email bounced and no one answers phone. This would be for 80-81 and may be slightly different than say pre 80 FJ. Surely someone makes these…

View attachment 2979539
@powthief19

The reverse light I have sticks straight out and interferes with the install of the rear speakers. If you don't have a reverse light or it points down then it probably will fit.

Not sure I understand. The 68-72 models had a reverse light that was pretty flush on the outside and main housing was inside the tub. 73, which I think you have only has two stud on the inside. If those short studs interfere it must be pretty shallow not allowing for a speaker with any depth reverse light or not.

Not sure I understand. The 68-72 models had a reverse light that was pretty flush on the outside and main housing was inside the tub. 73, which I think you have only has two stud on the inside. If those short studs interfere it must be pretty shallow not allowing for a speaker with any depth reverse light or not.

You are correct. I have not worked up the courage to install my 73 reverse light, I have a pre 73 light installed that sticks back into the tub a ways.

The 73 light ready to be restored:

20220415_123822.jpg

I foolishly put the reverse light from my 73 on my 68 then parked in the driveway. Assume it neighborhood kids playing that put a dent in the chrome ring and broke the lens. Back in nineties found a replacement at a wrecking yard and bought it cheap. Then seen a "Toyota Fog light" for sale on eBay for $10 dollars. Fog light was the 73 reverse light and obviously no one else caught it. I really shouldn't tempt fate and store the one mounted until the cruiser is actually on the road.
20211031_140829.jpg

As for speaker brack can see interference problems running factory soft top bows. Picture was taken before I installed the bows but can see the bottom bracket and bolts for the top clamp goes.
IMG_20200924_155033698.jpg

That is a 73 fst? I wonder why the driver side tail gate latch and footman loop want to occupy the same real estate. I installed a drop down TG on my 73 and they are very close, you could say almost interfering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom