Rear Lift Gate Hinges!

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by nlines177, Nov 3, 2005.

1. nlines177

nlines177

I just purchased a hardtop and doors for my '71 40. The PO said that the top was a '76 but he had the rear liftgate for it, disassembled, so I figured he didn't know what year he was speaking of since the H/T w/ the lift gate was from the later models.

I was wrong...the guy mixed an older lift gate with a newer top and the reason it wasn't affixed was because he didn't have the hardware, ie hinges, to do it.

450 miles later, there's no looking back, but I need to get ahold of some hinges and drill a few new holes in the H/T to get the hatch on. Does anyone have any suggestions or spare hinges from a late model H/T they are willing to part with?

Any other ideas, i can't find the hinges anywhere, SOR, ebay, craigslist?

THANKS!

2. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

The hardtop with the lift gate is from EARLIER models (75' and earlier), the ambulance doors are LATER.

The cleanest way to do it is to get the two hinges and the rear support that the hinges bolt to... it can be swapped into the LATE top and used with the liftgate, then you just need to add the liftgate latches, etc...

I have the hinges, no support...

3. cruiserjunktion

cruiserjunktion Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com Supporting Vendor GOLD Star

Albums:
    You also need to add the pieces for the hatch door to latch on the side panels

STOLEN THREAD:

I have the same top issues..... also looking for the hinges and panel....

l will be watching this thread

lemme know how you address this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.