Rear ladders for 100/LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you care if it is not OEM or you want OEM?

Mot:)

Sean! :crybaby:

I can offer you the OEM "Land Cruiser" ladder (new or used), a JAOS ladder (used), and a no-name brand powdercoated ladder (new) to you!

I'll try to find/snap some pics and post when they're ready.

BTW, I probably have mentioned on this thread somewhere but the OEM one is the only one of the three that requires some drilling (Someone else has taken the "Cygnus" one and did not have any problem with drilling. :D)

Sean,

You've seen the OEM one above, but here's a pic of the JAOS one mounted (from their USA site), as well as the powdercoated one.

A JAOS rep in Japan told me that their ladder would mount regardless of whether your truck had the OEM rear tire carrier or not. So you should be good to go!

Again, with the two aftermarket ones, no drilling would be required, but the only drawback is, well.... it does not say "Land Cruiser" on it! ;)

Let me know what you think!

JAOS.jpg
Powder coated 001.jpg
Powder coated 005.jpg

Some more pics of the third ladder:

BTW, the JAOS ladder has been discontinued for quite some time and I have never seen another one like the powdercoated one before.

I know that the name "JAOS" usually brings all bling and zero :cool:, but this particular ladder is VERY beefy. Not that you need it to be beefy though! ;)

And fwiw, the powercoated one is even more beefy/beefier(?:hillbilly:) than the Jaos one.

Oh, and I'm not saying that the aluminum OEM is flimsy by any means. I think the feller who has bought the Cygnus one is not a lightweight by any means...

I see far more 60's and the 80's ladders than the 100's. So I do not anticipate on getting any new additions any time too soon. But you know I don't exactly move them like freight trains, either! :doh:
Powder coated 021.jpg
Powder coated 010.jpg
Powder coated 016.jpg

I like the OEM one best. Do I have to have an OEM rear tire carrier to make it work? That doesn't really make sense to me based on this photo. Drilling holes doesn't bother me, this truck is getting rusty here anyway...

attachment.php

I like the look of that powdercoated one but I'm confused as to how it mounts.

Sean,

Without having one it's hard to tell how the two aftermarket ones mount!

Personally, I don't see why one of the bottom brackets for the PC ladder is at an angle. :confused:

Last edited:
Sean,

Without having one it' hard to tell how the two aftermarket one mount!

Personally, I don't see why one of the bottom brackets for the PC ladder is at an angle. :confused:

Or why it's a few inches higher than the other one. I'm going to go take a picture of my rear hatch......

Now it makes sense I think, that higher angled one fits into the cutout that goes around the lights:

35% warning for filthy truck!

tailgate.jpg

How much for the powdercoated one? I like the idea of being able to take it off easily, in the winter for example when I don't put anything on the roof...
tailgate.jpg

Or why it's a few inches higher than the other one. I'm going to go take a picture of my rear hatch......

Now it makes sense I think, that higher angled one fits into the cutout that goes around the lights:

35% warning for filthy truck!

View attachment 386029

How much for the powdercoated one? I like the idea of being able to take it off easily, in the winter for example when I don't put anything on the roof...

Sean,

I would be tickled pink if I could get what I was asking for the new OEM one of$170, plus ride, for either one of the aftermarket ones.

Let me know which one you would like to go with!

Thanks again, Sean!

Mot

Ladder received and installed.

It fits just fine, kind of. I had to remove the rear spoiler because the ladder mount goes right where the spoiler mount is and the tubes of the ladder interfere with the spoiler itself. This does not break my heart, the spoiler is often in the way, although it's supposed to help keep the rear window clean.

It took about 15 minutes to install. The next time it will take 5 minutes to install or remove.

You can see the right side spoiler mount still on the truck in this first pic. Actually I think it will be an excellent place to mount a work light. :idea:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mot sent me a tiny FJ60 with ambulance doors too!

tiny60model.jpg

The ladder seems pretty sturdy and well attached. It's very easy to climb, but it needs some antiskid tape on the rungs, they are pretty slippery.

I have a 150 mile round trip commute tomorrow so I'll see how much dirtier the rear window gets and see if I the ladder shakes loose at all.
tiny60model.jpg

Sean,

Thanks for posting pics so quickly and I'm sorry that I didn't think about the possibility of having to remove the rear spoiler. (Honestly I didn't know that yours had one on, but that's no excuse!)

If I knew the OEM visor would fit like the 80 one does on my with the OEM ladder I would have sent you one, but... :hillbilly:

I hope it's not that big of a let down not to have the spoiler though!

Other than that it looks surprisingly better than I had expected! I was particularly worried about the curved bracket but it fits as you had anticipated!

I could also see how it could get very slippery when wet! I hope you don't have your girls go up there unatended, especially before you remedy the problem.

Thanks again for getting it, Sean, as always it was a pure pleasure doing business with you!

Yours,

Mot

I think all U.S. 100's have the rear spoiler. Perhaps they do not in Japan. Doesn't bother me at all to lose it.

I also forgot to mention that the ladder adds just enough weight that if I open the hatch partially and let go it won't stay open. If I open it all the way up it stays just barely. I think this would probably be remedied by replacing the 10 year old gas struts with new ones, and might get better by itself as the temperature rises in the summer. I'll only be using the ladder in the summer anyway. Worst case is I'd have to replace the gas struts with stronger ones. Not a big deal.

Thanks again, Sean, for your willingness to work with its imperfections!

You're correct, I've never seen the spoiler in Japan.

I hope you'll get a good use out of it, making a lot of fond memories of the family with your rig. :cheers:

Mot

I completely forgot about this thread and started a new thread in the Merchandise section with my e-bay auction info. SORRY!! :doh: :frown:

So I will not bump this anymore after this one for the auction, but hope this will draw attention to those who have subscribed to this thread and those of you who might be thinking about picking up a high-quality ladder!

You can find the auction page, as well as others on the link at the top of my sig line!

Thanks guys!!

Mot

BTW, I have one for the 60/62 up, too! :hillbilly:

JAOS.jpg
OEM fogs and JAOS ladder 064.jpg
OEM fogs and JAOS ladder 044b.jpg

The other thread is for the 80 series (I forgot to specify in the title :frown: ), but this one is for 100/LX 470:

These are actually for the ones with rear tire carriers and "might" require removing the "Land Cruiser" emblem on the tailgate (no personal experience).

All of these ladders, including the ones for 80 come with all the necessary mounting hardwares (they are not pictured).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I had to pay a bit more for these, so I'm starting by asking $170 plus shipping for them.

Let me know if I'm over-charging as usual.

I'll start with the one for 100.

Mot
View attachment 43852View attachment 43853View attachment 43854
Can you sell this ladder for 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom