Rear Heaters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

certains year had em stock, certain years optional, really old not front heat as an option untill 63 I believe most the early 40's had dealer installed box units on PS. I have one of the few 65's with OEM heater from fatory

Bailey, those old ladies you have riding around with you in your '40 don't like the rear heater. Their rears are well enough insulated already. So they want you to send me your broken heater.

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=8908;start=msg77616#msg77616 date=1071805838]
You probably just need to clean the brushes, Bailey.
[/quote]
The first time I took it apart, I cleaned it, and re-glued the permanent magnets (had fallen off). It worked for a while, and then when I took it apart the second time, it was completely toasted. When I take my ATV winch motor to be re-wound, I may take the rear heater motor as well.

I'M NOT SENDING YOU THE FAWKING HEATER DAVE! :flipoff2:
I KNOW ITS WORTH MONEY!!!
Older is relative. They may be older than me- but sure as hell younger than you :flipoff2: :D

!

My 1972 had the rear heater as standard equipment when I got it from the dealer in Northern CA. Not sure if this was the case everywhere.

Mike S

Squarer than the later versions. Neat. Wonder when they changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom