rear drums... no fluid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The back bleed trick I explained will verify that lines are open. The brake system is designed to move Brake fluid, not air. Until you get the system full of fluid you CANNOT diagnose a problem. As a professional mechanic I see similar brake problems on a regular basis. I am not saying you don't have a problem with a cylinder but I am telling you to do a few minutes of work to pinpoint the problem. You don't carve out your appendix just because you get a stomach ache. You don't rip out your tonsils just because you have a sore throat. Do the proper preliminary research.

Where are you located? Maybe I or someone else could lend a hand.

Well here goes, I"m headed out to the garage. I'm here in -eattle. Anyonw wanna come help give me a ring- 425-750-5099. I'll let ya'll know what I find. Thanks for all the info.

*IDave, you don't have to know everything, just everything about a 77 40!

Dang. That's the trouble. I don't know about your just-off-the-showroom newer rigs. Just the antiques like mine!

:beer:

Well, after a long day of what turned into 3 projects here's what I found. There's only one, my cylinders are good, my left rear bleeds perfectly. The right rear nipple had a bunch of build up, if I took it out and romped on the brakes I could shoot fluit across to my pumpkin... this is good. So I cleaned the nipple and bled the brakes the best I could. Thanks for all the info.

Project two turned out to be a water leak, fingers crossed I think it's the pump gasket. We'll see friday.

Project 3, got my HFS shocks from CCOT... nothing on the shock itself but the boots were in BDS packaging...? Oh well, what ever they are they should work.

Watch out, I'll be a cruisin' maniac this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom