Rear drum brake adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going through my entire brake system before the snow flies since I have had a few issues. It looks like the bellcrank on the right side was bent out of adjustment a bit. Once I fix that and start to reassemble things, I was wondering if anyone could chip in on whether this is the exact same procedure to use on 80 series drums: Thanks for any input.

Must be nice to have an auto adjuster... I'm jealous.
Not identical, but similar enough. The 80's adjuster is at 6 o'clock vs 12o'clock in your vid. The basic parts are all the same, minus the automatic adjuster.
But then I find all drum brake systems "similar enough" to each other that I just wade in and work on them.

Last edited:
Not on the '97. Its at 6 o'clock, I just did this job on my parking brakes Saturday.
Perhaps we both should have been more clear.

Indeed. I apologize. I am talking about drum brakes on a 1991 FJ80. Not discs from the later models.

Indeed. I apologize. I am talking about drum brakes on a 1991 FJ80. Not discs from the later models.
That looks to be from a 60 Series with a FF rear, but the drum brake setup is identical to your 1991 SF rear.
This is also explained in the FSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom