rear door storage in 460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all,

new (to me) owner of a beautiful 12 Gx460 in the Knights Armor Pearl. I wanted one of these for a while, but didn't think I would be able to swing it and would have to buy a 470. I wanted the newer body style and air conditioned seats.

I found this on the local dealer lot and it was literally soccer mommed, and had records of all services done at Lexus. Between that and getting a good price for my FJ, I jumped.

anyway, I knew about the lack or storage space going into it, but I"m wondering what people are using the rear door compartment for? I was thinking it would be a great place for a fold up rifle or something (I'm in Texas, totally legal) but the space seems just a bit small for that.

currently looking for other suggestions and pointers, or even just pics.

thanks!

Congrats on the new GX! I too just purchased a 2013 GX 460 premium with 38,000 miles that I'm going to expedition out. I just put my 100 series Landcruiser up for sale that is about 80% expeditioned out. Need that money to build this! ;)

I have seen someone fit a Ruger 10/22 takedown in it, but it is a very shallow space so even that is tight. I currently use it to house my ARB deflator, spanner wrench for my front suspension (top opening), fold-up hazard triangle and first aid kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom