Rear diff lock actuator is toast... again :( (1 Viewer)

Again. Ffs. I thought this time it was sealed up nicely, but I guess not. Somehow water got in and destroyed the armature. When I apply voltage to it, it just shorts and doesn't spin.

Does anyone have a lead on a new (or new to me) actuator? Yes, I know Toyota canada can get them for the price of my left leg and first born.

have you thought about converting it to a cable actuated setup. The lockers are the same, the way they select is the same, just need to swap out what selects it. You'd need to custom make it but it would be cheaper Than a new one and would work for ever.

have you thought about converting it to a cable actuated setup. The lockers are the same, the way they select is the same, just need to swap out what selects it. You'd need to custom make it but it would be cheaper Than a new one and would work for ever.

Good luck Mat..... Ive been preaching that course of action for years, ever since Andrews's first motor fell into a dusty heap on my workbench. Andrew likes his lights, switches and little electric axle motors. LOL.

GO CABLES!! :deadhorse:

well I suppose if he's a real whiny ass about it we can score him an electric actuator from princess and an LED from the Source to make a replacement :D

Hey Cam, where's your cruiser? LOL ;)

I may end up buying a new one from Yan. At least then I know I'll have 20 years of trouble free locker action. My front has always worked perfectly (and I have never touched it) so I think I've just had bad luck with the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom