Rear Bumper Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The problem I have is location. Some of these fab places are so far away that shipping would just kill the deal. I keep an eye out for different bumper ideas. I really like the one that Darin posted up there in #12. That is kind of what I am after with mine.

Jason: Location is definitely a problem. I've got a friend in Drake who's making my bumper, and is interested in making more... If you're interested, PM me and I'll put you in touch, get you pictures, etc.

Seeing as so many people like mine , was thinking about just going ahead and putting something on here about what type of material and where to get latches and measurements. Would that work for some of you all. If anyone close would like one made i could probably do it for them right now. Just not too sure about how heavy it is for shipping costs. I am also getting ready to make one like it for my 40 and most likely the 45.

Let me know.

Also i have been working on it more today, will take another pic tomorrow, still have to put the shackles on also. That is a 35 in tire on there.

that's a great idea, darin! i'm out in seattle, so i'm not sure if it's worth it to have you build one for me w/ shipping and all that, but i love the design and would love to be able to get/build one.

jason

krzyabncanuck ,

you wanna make me one? I live in SC and would be willign to lend a hand. Only thing diff i would need is rear 1/4 panel protection ( brining the bumper around and straigh to the wheelwell. Anything would be great!!!!!

If you want affordable shipping, go Greyhound. They're by far the cheapest. Just a little more annoying on the receiving end. :)

Bring it to Amarillo. Fabwright will make anything you want in a day or two; just bring pics. Mine is a cheap used Smittybilt; he put on the rear Q panel protection /sliders and integrated it into the bumper; installed and painted for 200 bucks. Drop your truck off in Amarillo for a week for a good ole boy package.

Dumb question ya'll, but are any of you looking for fromt bumpers ? I made the one for the front of this thing also. It sticks out a little far but it has a winch plate under the top also, so when i get ready to transfer the winch to this one. I still have fine tunning to do to it also but you can get the idea.

By the way i am not going to do these for alot of money, just love fabbing stuff up, and now that i just retired from the Army i have some time on my hands finally. :) :) :)

Anyway here is a pic from the front also. :cheers:
front bumper 60.jpg

For those of you all that would like, I will sit down this weekend and do up the drawings for these things as far as specs and stuff.

Anyone want to see the front end one a little better, can unscrew the top cover and show pics ?

Here is a few more from the rear bumper, now the welds are not all done yet and then all cleaned up ( was welding in the dark last night ) but you can get the idea. First bunch of welding was done with Arc, then bought new Mig and oh so much better. :D :D :D :cheers: :cheers:
side rear.jpg
swung open.jpg
swung open 2.jpg

Here are some pics from the front i made ( people call this thing mad max junior for some reason ). :D :D

The flat plate under the bumper in front of the air horns is for a winch mount . Can take the top cover off and cut out the top cover to fit over the winch, then reattach the top cover.

Hope you understand.
front 60.jpg
frt dvr side.jpg
frt mid under.jpg

krzyabncanuck said:
For those of you all that would like, I will sit down this weekend and do up the drawings for these things as far as specs and stuff.

I would love to see some specs and stuff. That would be great! You do some awesome work! Email is tpjimmie@yahoo.com Thanks

krzyabncanuck said:
Here are some pics from the front i made ( people call this thing mad max junior for some reason ). :D :D

The flat plate under the bumper in front of the air horns is for a winch mount . Can take the top cover off and cut out the top cover to fit over the winch, then reattach the top cover.

Hope you understand.

I think the front bumper is okay - but I'm going with the ARB. I'll need the upper bars for CB antena, lights and I'll wind up doing the clothes lines like Al's got on Velveeta (I'm always in the trees - mesquites with the thorns and all the rest...I've got LOADS of trail pinstripes running down the side and top of my poor old 60).

But the rear bumper is one of the nicest I've seen yet. I don't know if I really need the side protection as much, but what you've got is kind of low profile, I like how sturdy the tire carrier is and how close it fits to the body. It's an excellent design.

If you were to start fabbing these things up en mass, the only thing I can think of that you could to do "improve" it would be to add the side protection stuff like DocB's, and maybe put 4 holes in the rear center - if it's structurally doable - for a pintel hitch. I don't need any of that, but I could see where that would be an attractive "extra" to others.

Write it up - can't wait to see the specs on it!

Hey Swank, understand man. Was just throwing out what i had made for mine, could make some light / grill protection for it but not really needed on the beach which is where this thing goes.

On rear I am going to do the 4 holes in the center for both that reason and for strength.

If anyone has any more ideas to do with this thing that you see let me know, always looking for ideas / improvments.

Thanks

Damn i was saving up for a hannaquailty rear tire carrier, but now I don't think I'll need to. I like those designs too. Like 89rules, I'm not far away from Fayettenam, so if you need a hand just let some of us know. Oh and I think I would be interested in rear quarter protection. Do you think you can fab up something along those lines? I def like your ideas!!! Keep it up man!

Oh and congrats about retiring, I only spent five years in service. I can't imagine what 20+ years in the grunts would do to ya.

Krzyabncanuck: I am interested in the specs and stuff for the rear bumber. Have you thought about a fuel can carrier? Although I live in So Cal if the total price is right I would definitely be interested. Work your nymbers, the majic and shoot me a PM. Oh yeah, the rear side protection is a nice add-on as well. Looking forward to hearing the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom